Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Made a ride up to Wisconsin again  (Read 1352 times)

dougvtx

• Tejano
Made a ride up to Wisconsin again
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »

:goldwing
 Did 2 1/2 days up to Janesville, WI and 2 1/2 back. I went to Texarkana to Little Rock, to Harrison, AR, through St. Louis, then on Wisconsin. On the way back home, I went down through Ft. Smith then south to Mena. Then Hwy 278 to Arkadelphia. The mountain ride on back roads was nice. I did 2300 miles.
When I can't hold up 2 wheels anymore, I'll get a three wheeler.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Made a ride up to Wisconsin again
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:25:05 AM »

Did 2 1/2 days up to Janesville, WI and 2 1/2 back. I went to Texarkana to Little Rock, to Harrison, AR, through St. Louis, then on Wisconsin. On the way back home, I went down through Ft. Smith then south to Mena. Then Hwy 278 to Arkadelphia. The mountain ride on back roads was nice. I did 2300 miles.

Wisconsin is on my bucket list.  Sounds like a great ride, any pics?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »

Did 2 1/2 days up to Janesville, WI and 2 1/2 back. I went to Texarkana to Little Rock, to Harrison, AR, through St. Louis, then on Wisconsin. On the way back home, I went down th
rough Ft. Smith then south to Mena. Then Hwy 278 to Arkadelphia. The mountain ride on back roads was nice. I did 2300 miles.

You spoiled boy  :bikerider: :thumbup:
You ride more than 2300 a week just in town  :notworthy:
just take it slow

dougvtx

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »

Wisconsin is on my bucket list.  Sounds like a great ride, any pics?

I didn't take any pics of the countryside. The Midwest is beautiful in the summer and fall. Compared to Texas, it's lot greener. I lived in Wisconsin 20 years and traveled Wisconsin and Illinois by Mike. If you ever get to go, I can tell you of a few places to visit. I lived south of Milwaukee and have no desire to go back. While I was there, the corn and soybeans were doing very well and very green. September's weather can get you some chilly weather.

dougvtx

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »

Did 2 1/2 days up to Janesville, WI and 2 1/2 back. I went to Texarkana to Little Rock, to Harrison, AR, through St. Louis, then on Wisconsin. On the way back home, I went down th
rough Ft. Smith then south to Mena. Then Hwy 278 to Arkadelphia. The mountain ride on back roads was nice. I did 2300 miles.

You spoiled boy  :bikerider: :thumbup:
You ride more than 2300 a week just in town  :notworthy:

Looking for something to eat.   :lunch:

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:51 AM »

If you ever get to go, I can tell you of a few places to visit.

I have family in Madison so I don't get a choice when I go there.  I have been to House on the Rock and we visited the Dells before.  Would like to get up to the Harley Museum sometime. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

dougvtx

• Tejano
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:50:24 AM »

I've been to the Harley Museum.  It's cool. Once is enough. Go to Door County. Nice area.  The High Ground in Neillsville is a beautiful war memorial. I stay at my friends house in Janesville. We went to Madison, Sun Prairie and a few other places.  The Mississippi River is beautiful on either side in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.  It's beautiful country, but damn it can get cold.

http://www.thehighground.org/

:flag:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal