Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arkansas Rides  (Read 1703 times)

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
Arkansas Rides
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »

What rides have you guys done in AR that you would like to do again?  I know we are riding the Talemina Trail on the way in, but what about the next 2 days? 
Post up your suggestions and lets pick a few.

Justin VTX

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Arkansas Rides
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »

The ride to petit jean mt campground is great, around 120 miles or so from Mena,, don't remember for sure. Petit Jean is one of the places I had mentioned for a camping destination a while back.

Pig trail supposed to be a hoot...havent ever been there.

SSSSSSssssnake
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:23:06 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »

Moonshine and Pig Trail:  http://goo.gl/maps/JjNzl

I have ridden the Pig trail but from Eureka Springs, I would like to make the loop.

Diamond Run:  http://goo.gl/maps/mzRAe

This looks like fun and is one of the recommended rides. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Bugsie

• Tejano
  • 2003 Hond VTX 1800S
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:26:54 AM »

So my inexperience of riding, I stay off of interstates  in town for the most part, if I were to go, I'd take I-10 East out of Sunny San Antonio to 77 North to 79 which goes NE  & meet the Houston group at Palistine, TX. Is it just me or is Mena, AR in BFE, AR? I'd most likely stay in a hotel.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

With different levels of riders Safty will come into play, I think it might be wise to split into smaller groups specifically on the pig trail.
As for other rides I will go with the flow, hard to find a bad ride in Arkansas great time of year colors should be getting ready to pop.
 :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:
I plan on taking my sweet to stop at over views and enjoy a fine cigar, i can catch up. :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »

With different levels of riders Safty will come into play, I think it might be wise to split into smaller groups specifically on the pig trail.
As for other rides I will go with the flow, hard to find a bad ride in Arkansas great time of year colors should be getting ready to pop.
 :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:
I plan on taking my sweet to stop at over views and enjoy a fine cigar, i can catch up. :thumbup:

There are some major good twisties on the Pig Trail, my advice...if it says the curve is 10MPH....don't go 35.  Just sayin. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

So my inexperience of riding, I stay off of interstates  in town for the most part, if I were to go, I'd take I-10 East out of Sunny San Antonio to 77 North to 79 which goes NE  & meet the Houston group at Palistine, TX. Is it just me or is Mena, AR in BFE, AR? I'd most likely stay in a hotel.

You might want to check out some other threads on this ride in the "Out of State Rides" section.  There is a planned meeting spot in Paris and most everyone going has already booked at a hotel in Mena and yes, it's in BFE but central to some really great rides. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Bugsie

• Tejano
  • 2003 Hond VTX 1800S
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »

Sounds like best get to bookin. Highway 16 from Bandera, Texas to Kerrville, Texas has some curves like tha just before Kerrville. Gumbo, I may hang back with ya & enjoy the view & GF.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »

Sounds like best get to bookin. Highway 16 from Bandera, Texas to Kerrville, Texas has some curves like tha just before Kerrville. Gumbo, I may hang back with ya & enjoy the view & GF.
Not a problem bro :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Good Reason to Pay Attention
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 07:07:36 AM »

I am not saying that this ride is difficult but there will be some skill required on a few turns.  

This one is on the Pig Trail, it's fun to watch 18-wheelers come up this double switchback on a very steep grade. 

I kinda want to ride on this but looking at it on street view, there is a heafty penalty for not making the curve. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:25:35 AM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:47 AM »

pig trail is a must, don't know 103, just keep your speed down and your rpm up! carry enough speed to get you thru the curve and  don't let your engine lug out.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »

pig trail is a must, don't know 103, just keep your speed down and your rpm up! carry enough speed to get you thru the curve and  don't let your engine lug out.

A few of these are floorboard scrapers at 10MPH....  I am looking forward to hitting this again.   :bikerider:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal