Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where the Heck have Brent and Dallas been?  (Read 816 times)

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
Where the Heck have Brent and Dallas been?
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »

In case y'all were wondering.............

We're OK.

Before the wedding in Februaury, Dallas got a bood clot (DVT - Deep Vein Thrombosis) in her leg. We were lucky and caught it before any pieces broke loose and made their way to her heart or lungs (would have caused death). The Docs thought it was caused by some meds she was on so she stopped those meds. They told us to be cautious and warned against motorcycle rides because the legs are in the same position for long periods of time and she was more likely to have another clot after having the first one.
8 months later she got another one. Turns out she has a genetic disorder that nobody knows much about. I can't say the name much less spell it and the current treatment includes getting blood work done twice a week.
Now the doctors are really against her getting on the motorcycle because the blood thinning medicines make any injury, cut, or scrape dangerous as well as the lack of movement increasing the odds of clotting.

On the positive side:
During this time, she completed her Esthetics courses, passed her state boards (with a 97 out of 100), is almost through with her LVN refresher course and started looking for a job this week. It will be real nice to have two forms of income finally, especially with all the unpaid medical bills.

As for me, I've been working like crazy and studying finance on the side - not much time for riding. I am forced to consider selling the VTX because we could do with one less monthly payment. If we get as much of our money back from the government as possible - quickly, I won't have to sell her (the VTX not Dallas).

So, unfortunately, I have lost my riding partner. If we can live thin for a couple more weeks I'll keep my ride.

None of this is an excuse for not keeping up with y'all and it sure would be nice to go on a ride longer than the distance from my house to downtown soon.

I'll try not to be a stranger

Brent

(posted this in the general section too!)
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Where the Heck have Brent and Dallas been?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »

Bummer. Does the doctor know Dallas is much cuter than you? I mean, if he is going to tell one of you that you can't ride with us anymore....  ;)

Good to hear from ye! C'mon out with us next weekend, someone might fill a tank for ya!  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal