Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Benefit for Children's Home in Kaufman  (Read 4301 times)

angelannie

Benefit for Children's Home in Kaufman
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »

Hey all you VTX guys & gals, motorcyclists & cagers too!

Come join me this coming Saturday, July 19 for the 3rd annual Texas Motorcycle Roadriders Association "Christmas in July" ride to benefit the A Fern Norville Center, a children's shelter in Kaufman, Texas.  http://www.norvillecenter.org/   You can take a tour of the facility, play with the kids, have a great lunch & play with the kids some more.  Each of the last 2 years the motorcyclists have contributed more than $3000 & have given much needed gifts of clothes, diapers, formula, etc.  The Motorcyclists donate more gifts & money than any other group of folks. 

Look for me between 9:30 & 10:30 in the Tanger Outlet Mall parking lot on I-20 in Terrell, just east of Dallas.  I'll be on a silver Moto Guzzi Jackal, uh oh, not my blue Honda VTX this time.   ;)  Gotta have one or two Guzzi's represented in the big crowd of Harleys!  All you need to do is bring $10 OR one of the items listed in the flyer below.  Of course, you can bring more if you want.  You're not limited to what you want to donate! 

The ride leaves at 10:45 and we travel approximately 15 - 20 miles to the center.  For those of you that don't like riding in a large group, you can still meet at the A Fern Norville Center on Hwy 34 in Kaufman, TX at about 11:00.

Let's show these kids the size of our VTX hearts!!  ;D  You don't have to be a TMRA member & you don't even have to be from Texas to participate.  Cagers are welcome too.

Here's a YouTube slideshow of pictures from the 1st benefit 2 years ago. 

Here's the flyer with all the information.  Feel free to print it out & give it to all your riding buddies! 

Hope to see you there!   (pm or email me if you need more info!)

AngelAnnie

3RD ANNUAL
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Brought to you by TMRA chartered clubs: Blacksheep M/C and Mavericks M/C
To Benefit A. Fern Norville Center

est. 1984 - http://www.norvillecenter.org/

The A. Fern Norville Center strives to be a calm and safe refuge in the chaotic storms of life. We strive
to provide a home of love and stability for the battered, beaten, neglected, and abandoned children of
our society.

WHEN: Saturday, July 19, 2008 - Registration from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.

WHERE: Tanger Outlet Mall parking lot. Hwy 20 East, exit Hwy 34, Terrell, Texas.

WHAT: Ride departs at 10:45 a.m., and will end at the A. Fern Norville Center. You can meet the kids
and staff, hang out, have lunch, and tour the facility.

ENTRY FEE: Minimum $10.00 donation to the home, and/or some of the basic needed items listed
below.

DUE TO STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDING REDUCTIONS IN THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM, THERE ARE
SEVERAL ITEMS THAT THE SHELTER IS ASKING OUR COMMUNITY TO HELP PROVIDE, TO ALLEVIATE
THE PRESSURES ON OUR BUDGET, BUT STILL MAINTAIN THE QUALITY OF CARE AND SUPPORT FOR
THE CHILDREN THAT HAS BECOME OUR STANDARD:

Enfamil Lipil Formula, Enfamil Soy Formula, Diapers (Size 2 & 3), Pull-ups (2T and up), baby wipes,
Dreft/Ivory Detergent, baby shampoo, baby bath, toddler sleepers, toddler clothes, are the items
needed the most this year.

Vehicles will be available to carry items or you can carry them on your bike.
We want to thank every one in the past who has supported the work of the Norville center and the
Foundation in it efforts to enhance the lives of the abused child. There is much work to do in the
present and the future. We cannot do this work alone. It will take a community to heal the ills of our
society and a community to save the lives of these children. We pray for your continued support in
the on going work left to be done.

www.tmra.org

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: Benefit for Children's Home in Kaufman
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:46:35 PM »

19 reads and no replies. I will try and make it if I'm not still in OK.

angelannie

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:09:26 PM »

Great HeadGuess, hope you are able to come!  Just look for the rider of the Silver Moto Guzzi Jackal.

Looking forward to meeting you!

AngelAnnie

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »

Let's see sponsored by Blacksheep MC and I am a Blacksheep guess that means I will be there 8)
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »

Are the Mavericks out of Jefferson County?  That name sound familiar but I haven't seen any here in the DFW area before.

Raydar

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »

I have a group of about a dozen Harley owners (or more) whom I ride with virtually weekly.  I'll mention this as a Sturday ride and see if we can head that directon for a "feel good" day.
2005R, silver, windshield, bags, sissy bar, engine guards, highway pegs, pullback risers

angelannie

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »

Wow, that would be great Raydar!!  Hope to see you all there!   O0

AngelAnnie

angelannie

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52:12 AM »

Just a reminder  - the benefit for this Children's Home is tomorrow,  Saturday July 19.  I'd love to see you all there!

If any one needs a place to stay for a night or two, you are welcome here at the Sister Mary Frances Home for Troubled & Wayward Souls in Lindale.  (That's where I stays!)  Just PM me!

AngelAnnie

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:48:36 AM »

There will be a group of riders leaving from the gas station at I-35E and Motor street at 9am sharp if anybody would like to ride to the Toy run with us.  This is a great cause and all are invited regardless of what they ride or who they ride with.  Look forward to seeing plenty of bikes there.
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal