Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DFW ride to ROT  (Read 3256 times)

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
DFW ride to ROT
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »

I know this is a bit early, but I'm going to ROT this year and thought we could get all the DFW riders hooked up with other riders, unless you just want to ride down there by yourself :)

My wife and I will be headed down on Thursday June 12th at some point in the morning to get there at some point in the afternoon. We are gonna be staying in Round Rock, just north of town, and I know the area real well if anyone riding needs some navigation help. I am also planning on doing a ride of a route a friend turned me on to maybe that Saturday before the rally events get going for the day.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 04:45:40 PM by BoulderBlues »
~~Boulder Blues~~

Every silver lining has it's touch of black and blue. - Jerry Garcia

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
Re: DFW ride to ROT
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »

I may be in... Still workin' the work schedule..

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »

I would def go but I am in a wedding out of town that weekend.  :'(

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:37:32 AM »

Me and Miss Angela have our tickets and reservations for the hotel.  We're staying near 6th street.  Definitely willing to hook up for the ride down. 
BJ & Miss Angela

'05 VTX 1800C-Darkside-110 CI of rompin', stompin', hellfire and damnation

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »

Me and Miss Angela have our tickets and reservations for the hotel.  We're staying near 6th street.  Definitely willing to hook up for the ride down. 

Sounds good we could meet you guys on the south side somewhere...no need for you to head up to carrolton or for us to drive through Garland...what time are you guys thinking of heading out? I am thinking of getting out of here just after rush hour and that way there is plenty of time to beat the afternoon traffic in Austin.
~~Boulder Blues~~

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:10:17 AM »

You're reading my mind.  Let the rush hour clear out or get ahead of it.  Gotta be one of the two.  We're actually out of McKinney and so will head South on Central.  Since you'll come down Stemmons we could meet where those highways meet.  I always like to stop at that combo seven day/gas/liquor store where the longhorn cows are right on industrial & 35.  Did you have a route in mind?  Last year we just kind of followed the herd and went down 67 and then through Hico and Lampassas and came in on 183.  Very pretty hill country ride.  I've been thinking about stopping by the Tokio Store on the way down or the way back.  It's a bit of a detour but we're playing it by ear for now.
BJ & Miss Angela

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »

I will post a google map when I get home and we can tweak it from there...you said you just kinda followed last year? This is our first year...are we not gonna need maps and just follow all the bikes headed south?
~~Boulder Blues~~

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »

Last year I just knew we wanted to take secondary highways and not interstate so we headed south on 67.  There were so many bikes on the road we just followed along.  However your map is the exact route we took both ways and were wanting to take again this year.  I can think of absolutely no good reason to go on the interstate but that's your call.  The route you have mapped is gorgeous, they're good roads and there really isn't any kind of time crunch to worry about.  Except that Ray Wylie Hubbard is playing at 4:00.  Bummer, we may not make that one.  As I was saying before, I'd like to jog over to the Tokio Store but I think we'll do that on the way home Sunday.
BJ & Miss Angela

bk000

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

If anyone is wanting to caravan down on Friday, we're leaving from Plano/North Dallas right after rush hour Friday morning.

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »

Hey BB the more I think about it, the more I'd like to get ahead of the morning commute.  It's a pretty early start but the riding is a lot cooler then also.  Let me know what you think.
BJ & Miss Angela

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 07:05:16 AM »

Hey BB the more I think about it, the more I'd like to get ahead of the morning commute.

That sounds good to me, got to make sure the wife is up to it as well....Too bad we cant get a large group to do the ride down....doesnt seem like there are a lot of X-riders that are going from this area.
~~Boulder Blues~~

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »

I've been on the ROT Rally message board and there are two or three more bikes wanting to go Thursday AM that are looking to go the same route we are.  Don't have it completely flanged up yet but it looks promising.  One couple wants to do a lot of sight seeing on the way down and we may break off if they want to stay in Glenrose a long time.  I'm not looking to go at a break-neck pace but don't really want to stop for a couple hours at a time either.  Plus they want to go to Marble Mountain before going on in to Austin.  I remember last year that getting an early start was a good call.  Cooler ride and earlier check in at the fairgrounds.  I've found a group that wants to do a morning ride around Lake Travis on Friday too.  That's really pretty country.  Let me know if the missus is up for the early reveille.

BJ & Angela
BJ & Miss Angela

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 07:06:52 PM »

OK she is totally cool about the early morning, what time you guys want to meet? Can you do me a favor and post a google link to where the meeting spot is. I think you are talking about the gas station over by the jail next to the wine/beer store, but im not sure, i dont remember any longhorns....lol
~~Boulder Blues~~

Pokins

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »

I am headed down early Thursday morning with a couple of people. Looks like it will be straight down 35 - I know that sucks but I would like to get down there and camp set up before it gets to hot.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal