Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DFW Toys for Tots 2007  (Read 2556 times)

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
DFW Toys for Tots 2007
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »

OK everyone its that time of year again, its getting toward the holidays and we must all remember that there are those that are so less fortunate than we are. I know that we are all human and some of us might not be as well off as others, but if you are reading this, you are not doing as bad as some people out there.

I will get off my soap box, here is a clip from the Marine site that organizes the event each year and a link to the event info.

BTW some of you will recognize that part of this route was done last month on our VTX ride that Scott put together :)

Entrance fee for the ride is a new unwrapped toy or cash donation (whatever you can afford).

We listened to your feedback form last year.  The ride was too fast and there needed to be better traffic control.

This year, the route is mostly rural and there are some twisties to keep an eye on.

A Route Plan is included on the Metroplex Marines website (www.metroplexmarines.com) under "Events" for 12/1/2007.  We chose this route to provide a good mixture of back roads and in town riding.  We will be going through rural Collin County, downtown Princeton and finishing up along mostly industrial Route 380.  We will take it nice and easy.

We will have traffic assistance from the City of McKinney, Collin County Sherriff's Dept., City of Melissa Police and the City of Princeton Police.  All intersections will be covered fro a smooth ride throughout.  As always, the Marines will be providing our lead vehicle.

If you are interested in riding with us, we ask that you:

Fill out the Pre-Registration information at http://www.plano-vfw.org/tft/
Fill out the Entry Release form found below the Pre-Registration and email to dk.marks@verizon.net or Hans_Schuller62@yahoo.com, or print it out bring it with you to the Ride.  If all else fails, we'll have plenty of blank forms at the Ride.

If you emailed your Release form to us, your printed registration form will be waiting for you when you arrive at the VFW Post.

All you need to do is go to the pre-registration table when you arrive at the Post and sign it and you are good to go.

If you have any trouble with the http://www.plano-vfw.org/tft/ site, all information and forms are also located at www.metroplexmarines.com under Events for 12/1/2007.

We'll also be having Pre-Registration opportunities on November 17th at the Harley Davidson of Dallas in Allen and Garland from 11:00 – 1:00, and at the McKinney Family PowerSports on November 17th from 11:00 – 1:00, as well.

We will also be taking Pre-Registration forms at a Pre-Ride Party at Bullwinkles Pub and Bistro in Plano on November 30th from 8:30 – 10:30 pm.  Bullwinkles is located at the NE Corner of Custer Road and Spring Creek Pkwy.  Live music and a great variety of beer.

We'll have a live band at the VFW Post, Fatal Formality, for your entertainment on the day of the Ride.

Food and drink will be available to purchase at the Post – coffee and breakfast before the ride, lunch and refreshments after the ride.

There will be vendors and sponsors that will be providing you opportunities to see what they have to offer; please give them a look see.  There are also opportunities to purchase ride souvenirs…t-shirts, challenge coins, pins and patches – cash only.

All proceeds for the ride souvenirs are donated to the DFW Toys for Tots Foundation.

And of course, we will be collecting toys and cash donations for the DFW Toys for Tots toy drive.

Thank you and we'll see you in McKinney.

David Marks, Hans Schuller

Event Co-ChairsJerry Lewellen, Ron Ernst, Mike Bronsky

Steering Committee Members
~~Boulder Blues~~

Every silver lining has it's touch of black and blue. - Jerry Garcia

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
Re: DFW Toys for Tots 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »

Sounds like a great ride and a great cause!

Count me in!

vtxridersg

• Old Timer
  • 06 VTX1800C Spec 2
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »

Yep, I think I'm gonna go as well! Kirk,docbran, Brad......you guys goin?
Minds are like parachutes....they only function when open!!

lakebum1980

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 12:40:45 PM »

I'll more than likely be there.

BranDoc

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

My old man and I were talking about this earlier and we are in

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:16:34 AM »

Last years Toy Run was a "FrEaKiN BlAsT"..!!!  We are in Fo Sho..  O0 O0

tejasx

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

Last years Toy Run was a "FrEaKiN BlAsT"..!!!  We are in Fo Sho..  O0 O0

Hey Danno, isn't your pic of the Big Texas Toy Run, this is different than the Toys for Tots, just had to point it out to ya, :P :P :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:28:36 AM by tejasx »

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 09:54:03 AM »

Ya know.... You are probably correct..  It's comin' to me now..  ;D ;D  The Toys for Tots ride started somewhere in Plano or thereabouts and ended at a Marine base of some kind in Grand Prairie, right??  I did that ride as well.. And it was fun too...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:55:52 AM by SilverTribal Driver »

vtxridersg

• Old Timer
  • 06 VTX1800C Spec 2
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »

Hey Dan, you guys gonna make this one in McKinney? I'll be there and will also try to make the big one too ;D ;D
Minds are like parachutes....they only function when open!!

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 10:18:42 AM »

Hey Dan, you guys gonna make this one in McKinney? I'll be there and will also try to make the big one too ;D ;D

Yup, we are planning on being there... Are you going to the Intl. Bike show in Ft. Worth this weekend??

Christbiker

• Tejano
  • '04 RUNE
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/TX/McKinney.gif[/img]
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 06:57:48 PM »

Well I am old and I am a man    Brandoc   is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see someone?   Anyway I am in on this one fo sho!    To all---Look for a post soon from me on local toy runs between now CHRISTmas that are worthy, large and quite fun.   
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/Christbiker_bucket_
BLESSINGS                                                     let the music play the band

BoulderBlues

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »

Hey Silver......Is that a pick from DT FtWorth? Which run is that....That looks like fun as well.
~~Boulder Blues~~

Every silver lining has it's touch of black and blue. - Jerry Garcia

tejasx

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 04:51:00 AM »

Hey Silver......Is that a pick from DT FtWorth? Which run is that....That looks like fun as well.

Yeah Boudler, that is the Big Texas Toy Run, it is one of the largest in the nation benifitting MHMR kids, they have three starting points; Dallas, Grapevine and Ft. Worth and end in Arlington. 

http://www.thebigtexastoyrun.com/

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 10:02:05 PM »

ya that run was frickin huge :o they said there was over 70,000 bikes last year. By the time the first bike in line was getting to point B, the middle of the line back in point A was leaving.

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

wearevenom2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Garland Tx
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 12:28:15 AM »

I hope its not that hot this year :o

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal