Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wanting to go Darkside need tire mounted in NT  (Read 6098 times)

brandonh82

Wanting to go Darkside need tire mounted in NT
« on: July 29, 2007, 09:13:32 PM »

looking to see if anyone knows somewhere in the denton, lewisville area that will mount a car tire on a bike wheel :)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Wanting to go Darkside need tire mounted in NT
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:02:31 AM »

Check with muffmaster.  He's the resident Dark Sider here!   O0

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

I don't know about Denton/Lewisville, but if you can't find a place up there, two wheel world in Arlington does.

Jack

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »

Check with muffmaster.  He's the resident Dark Sider here!   O0
  Yeah ask ScruffMaster who did his!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

brandonh82

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 10:24:24 PM »

I'm a Darksider!  Turns out that Swine Psycles in Denton will do it for $20, and they're all of three blocks from my apartment. :)

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 05:56:13 AM »

That's a good price. Two things One is obvious, right direction, two balancing. My Goodyear Triple Tread needed no weights believe it or not.

Muff

brandonh82

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:22:25 AM »

Covered.  The Kumho us 1300's use isn't unidirectional, and it's riding fine, but I've got ceramic beads to put in it for balancing.  www.InnovativeBalancing.com  There doesn't seem to be a unidirectional and symmetrical tire that fits the 1300 rim.....

terrible TC

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 09:55:26 PM »

what size did you go with on the CT, Im goin to the darkside this weekend, tire got here today. I heard alot of people saying 205/55/16 so I went with that. and holy underwear does it look big.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »

what size did you go with on the CT, Im goin to the darkside this weekend, tire got here today. I heard alot of people saying 205/55/16 so I went with that. and holy underwear does it look big.

Does look huge. Even after you get it put on. I just got mine put on this week. Powersports Plus in Gun Barrel City did it for $35. The guy there said it was no problem.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »

went today to get a tire for the bike (darkside, I am tired of getting 6000 miles out of a $350 tire) but dint know what size to put on a 240 rear and neither did the guy at Hams tires. Guess I will have to break down and go to honda and talk to them :'(

terrible TC

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »

Does look huge. Even after you get it put on. I just got mine put on this week. Powersports Plus in Gun Barrel City did it for $35. The guy there said it was no problem.

yeah thats where Im having it done, been along month without a bike. Im lookin forward to wearing this tire out

brandonh82

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 09:56:30 AM »

I'm on a 1300, so I'm on a 165/R15.  I've heard of some guys on the vtxoa board going with a 185/65/R15.  The 205's you 1800 guys get to use make me sick.  Badass looking rain grooves and all that.  Kinda makes me think about doing the foots mod, but I'm gonna try a 185 when I wear out this 165.  Prolly gonna take about two years though, unless I can ever make it down to the Icehouse on a Thursday night and burn the hell out of it.  I can't wait burn this mofo a little.  Just ain't so bad knowing it only cost $50 shipped to my front door.  Even with burn outs, it'll prolly still take a while.  There are guys putting 20k miles with 20+ burnouts on these things....

brandonh82

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »

went today to get a tire for the bike (darkside, I am tired of getting 6000 miles out of a $350 tire) but dint know what size to put on a 240 rear and neither did the guy at Hams tires. Guess I will have to break down and go to honda and talk to them :'(
One of the guys on the vtxoa site threw this link up when another guy asked about a 240 darkside.  http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP&partnum=47HR6GRUHP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=4
He said that the best route would be to go with a truck tire.  Sports car tires at that width are so low profile that they'd throw your speedo off by 20+%.  Good luck with this one.  You'll be one of the first handful to go darkside 240.  I definitely wanna see it when you get it done.

p.s.  I wouldn't screw with the dealership about it.  I went up to mine to buy an exhaust gasket, and one of the service guys saw it.  Gave me the "You're gonna die a flaming death" look.  Didn't even mention tires to him in the first place.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »

p.s.  I wouldn't screw with the dealership about it.  I went up to mine to buy an exhaust gasket, and one of the service guys saw it.  Gave me the "You're gonna die a flaming death" look.  Didn't even mention tires to him in the first place.

I think it is only because they fear the darkside...  the guy that mounted the tire on the rim for me gave me the same look, with a speech.  I took the bike by his shop afterwards, and let him take it out for a spin, he said it felt safer then the 300 he had just put on an M109.  He no longer fears the darkside...

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »

One of the guys on the vtxoa site threw this link up when another guy asked about a 240 darkside.  http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP&partnum=47HR6GRUHP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=4
He said that the best route would be to go with a truck tire.  Sports car tires at that width are so low profile that they'd throw your speedo off by 20+%.  Good luck with this one.  You'll be one of the first handful to go darkside 240.  I definitely wanna see it when you get it done.

probably cant use it because the clearance on the swing arm is so miniscule that I cant go with anything over a 40mm sidewall :(
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal