Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New to group  (Read 4645 times)

milokyal

New to group
« on: December 30, 2006, 08:52:22 AM »

Hello all,
My name is Mike and I am new to this group.  I live in Grapevine and am a proud owner of a Black 2005 VTX 1300R.  I bought my VTX at Honda of Chanute in March of 2006 with 3 miles on it.  This is my first bike I have ever ridden.  I know I am late to the motorcycle world but I am doing everything possible to catch up with y'all.  I have almost 6000 miles on my bike so far and will finish my first year with close to 9000 miles after my first year of riding. 

I bought the bike stock and added; Honda windshield, sissy bar, cargo tray, and saddle bags.  Installs were easy being they were Genuine Honda parts.  The only problem I have had so far was a battery connection that came loose messing up my speedometer and it failed to start one day at the Harley Dealer in Corinth.  Got it home that day and made the repairs with the help of some Blue Loctite.  No more problems but a bit embarrasing considering my HD buddies were with me and had to say something about reliability.

I enjoy my bike but now I am contemplating adding an aftermarket exhaust system.  But, I do not know what to buy. I would like to hear what people have and hope to make a wiser decision before making a purchase.  Too bad you can't try on new set of pipes before actually making a purchase.  I don't know why, but I like the looks of the Bub Jug Huggers.  I have been told by others at work that they tend to be louder then most.  They have never heard the Bub's on a Honda, just HD's.  Does any one have advice, pro or con, with the Bub system?  How about what not to forget to do when actually installing the new pipes?  Should I get the rejetting thing also or are they just looking to drain my wallet a bit more? 

Oh, and by the way, I never did do the 600 mile valve adjustment job.  The boys in Chanute said it wasn't necessary but the guys at Grapevine Honda said it was.  I opted to listen to the guys who sold the bike to me but wonder if I made a mistake there....She rides good but a bit cold blooded at times.  My choke slides down to the almost open position all the time but I never thought that to be a problem.  Maybe I am wrong there also.  What do y'all think there? 

I have many questions and l will listen to anyone that will assist me with information.  Thanks for your time and hope to meet y'all out on the road. 

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: New to group
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:03:44 AM »

Welcome to the group, Mike.  Keep an ear open and chek the DFW threads for rides and stuff on the weekends.  We are always doing something. 

Sorry to hear about your battery problem at Corinth HD....  Timing is everything, both good and bad.   ;D

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:46:46 AM »

Welcome to the Group............
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:43:59 AM »

Welcome!  I'm new here too and also live in Grapevine, haven't met up with anyone for a ride yet.  Sorry for the bad luck in front of HD... that's ironic!
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

Tolly

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:21:07 AM »

Welcome to the group. We are in Irving but do spend alot of time riding around Grapevine as well as anywhere else there is a road. Hoping to get out today and put on some miles as well. We looking forward to meeing you one day.
Jack and Robin

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 11:55:26 AM »

Welcome! I am in Rowlett, but ride wherever I can. Maybe we can ride together sometimes.

iluvink

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »

to the Board....as far as your choke goes, there is a nut at the base, that sounds like you need to tighten it.  You'll love your X,  if you don't already.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 12:27:13 PM by iluvink »

JD

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »

Mike,
I have a 1800R as well and just put the slip-on Cobra's on it and they really sound great and went on in about 10 min. If you ever want to meet up to take a listen just shoot me an e-mail.

JD

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »

welcome to the board hope to see ya 'round
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 08:36:55 AM »

Welcome to the group 8) 8)--The breakdown should just teach you that just being NEAR anything with an H-D on it will cause problems ;D ;D ;D

My son has Bubs on his 1800 and they don't really seem louder than my Cobras, but that might just be my old hearing. If you are just doing exhaust with no intake mods, you carb tuning shouldn't be affected much. If later you decide to go with a higher flowing intake, then you will also have to make carb adjustments.

POPS

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 09:49:49 AM »

Mike
Welcome to the board[/b][/color]
Lots of good people here and I know you'll enjoy riding with the group. Don't know what to say about your pipes cause I don't guess I've ever heard or payed attention to a 1300 with Bubs. I've got an 1800 with V&H's and love the sound, but to each his own.
As far as rides and such, just hang around Wilhoit's and several
Xer's will probably show before long. Just a word of caution, these guys will sit there as long as you buy the BEER, especially the one's known as T-Bird, IcemanHail, Woolfe (he's got a reason now, he can't afford it anymore), MuffMaster, and afew more, you'll figure it out before long. ;D ;D ;D O0 J/K  I live south of you by about 70 miles and make that way as much as possible and will hook up before long somewhere. By the way, where's Chanute?
AL
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »

WELCOME TO THE XRIDERS!!!
Just watch out for the crazy people in here!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Paddyo

• Tejano
  • Bedford, TX
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:03 AM »

Welcome Mike,

I'm just south of you in Bedford and have a 1300 with Cobra Dragsters pipes on. Will be riding around Grapevine lake most of today since I'm off after working the weekend and it's a beautiful day. Let me know if you want to hear them.

O0 O0

Pat
04 VTX 1300C Black

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 05:51:02 PM »

welcome to the board O0 O0 i'm justin, i havn't rode since the big toy run. i cut my hand real bad at work and just had surgery. probably wont be back out for another month or so. i just live down the road from you here in keller. hope to ride with you sometime. if you like the bar scene ice house in downtown ft worth on thursday nights is the place to be. theres a group of us that usually go every week. just the one's from this side of town though, them dallas boys boys are to cool to come down to our neck of the woods to hang out with us. ;D ;D don't want to mention any names though, "cough" J  w     o   olf,  "cough" I  c  E  ma     NN, "cough cough"      tT    bi   RD  " COUGH COUGH" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D             j/ k guys!

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 10:12:42 PM »

WELCOME TO THE XRIDERS!!!
Just watch out for the crazy people in here!!  ;D
Dammit Chad! Quit outing me! ;D
Welcome! When I first saw your handle, I thought you were probably one of the russian posters we've had of late!  LOL Watch out for Chad, he'll getcha' in trouble!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal