Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Boozefighter on a Triumph?  (Read 17181 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Boozefighter on a Triumph?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 08:15:03 PM »

I think the whole hubbub about patches, C of C , one percenters is just stupid. I get it that some people want to wear certain patches for fun to announce where their from or what kind of bike they ride but these thugs dictating who can wear what is rediculous. I know a rider that got jacked up at a bar by some of these creeps because he was wearing a "Sons of ANARCHY"  Tee Shirt. And he had just ridden in a benefit ride for one of their members! That's why I don't wear that type of gear, don't want anyone to think that I'm a so called biker.

I'm just an old guy who enjoys riding (NOT A BIKER) and will wear what ever I want when I want, not that I have a bunch of patches, only a couple of buttons. I'm not saying I can't be jacked, but I can say it will only happen once and who ever did the jacking will never jack again. OLD guys don't just talk about it :ohwow: I am a fun loving, peaceful guy and get along with everybody, but I can't tolerate stupid behavior.  :cuss:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 02:23:17 AM »

I think the whole hubbub about patches, C of C , one percenters is just stupid. I get it that some people want to wear certain patches for fun to announce where their from or what kind of bike they ride but these thugs dictating who can wear what is rediculous. I know a rider that got jacked up at a bar by some of these creeps because he was wearing a "Sons of ANARCHY"  Tee Shirt. And he had just ridden in a benefit ride for one of their members! That's why I don't wear that type of gear, don't want anyone to think that I'm a so called biker.

I'm just an old guy who enjoys riding (NOT A BIKER) and will wear what ever I want when I want, not that I have a bunch of patches, only a couple of buttons. I'm not saying I can't be jacked, but I can say it will only happen once and who ever did the jacking will never jack again. OLD guys don't just talk about it :ohwow: I am a fun loving, peaceful guy and get along with everybody, but I can't tolerate stupid behavior.  :cuss:

WELL SAID!!!! :thumbup:
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 06:14:29 PM »

Don't mess with an old guy,whose gonna convict an old guy defending himself

It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

Don't mess with an old guy,whose gonna convict an old guy defending himself

And you point is???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »

No matter what anyone says...We are all "Bikers!" by public perception.  The difference is that we choose not to live the perceived biker lifestyle.

And I agree with Noob & Gumbo...
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »

dang Justin!! look at what you done started!! LOL just kiddin man. how ya been? long time no see  :stickpoke:

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »

speaking of long time "how you been"?
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »

doin ok man. how bout yourself? you back in ft. worth yet?

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »

not quite, picking up a contract near D.C. till september, but don't worry you guys will be the first i call when i set foot in texas
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

NoGoodDirtySnake

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »

When all else fails, and you're unsure if your knowledge is correct...  Use Wikipedia!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boozefighters

They are the oldest biker club in America, still in existence.
They are not 1%-ers.

Their club website --  http://www.bfmcnatl.com/

Spartagis

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »

I know this is an old post but maybe those who commented on here will be able to see this still.

Ok I'm here to clear up y'all's misconceptions about the Boozefighters and other MCs. First to answer the question on which this thread was started. The Boozefighters are not bound to just American made bikes. They are allowed to ride any american made bike or any bike made by an allied nation at the time of WWII. Therefore a Triumph is a qualifying bike. In fact some of the Original founding members rode them. If you really want to know the true story and the history of the Boozefighters and the Outlaw Biker definition and how it came about and the story behind Hollister in 1947 there is a great book called "The Original Wild Ones". The Boozefighters were started in California in 1946 by Willie Forkner. They were a bunch of young guys back from the war that bought surplus motorcycles because thats all they could afford because they were cheap. just a bunch of guys trying to have fun and live their youth that was lost by joining the war at a very young age. they did a lot of racing on the AMA circuit and drinking to help cope with the trauma of the war. The term Outlaw MC came from the AMA and was applied to groups that failed to adhere to the strict rules and guidelines at their sanctioned racing events. The Boozefighters were labeled this by the AMA. The term 1% is defined as the group of 1% of motorcycle riders that live above the law. The Boozefighters are NOT a 1% club. In fact there are some law enforcement that are members of the club. The Boozefighters are a history club and claim no territory and have chapters all over the world. They are just a bunch of guys who love riding bikes and the companionship of the brotherhood. They are a benefit to the community where their local chapters reside by doing benefits for disabled vets, families that have fallen on hard times, and donate to local charities and needy families. And for the guy that was asked to ride at the back of the pack; if you've ever ridden with any club, (power club or not) you will know that their is a hierarchy to any club; especially one structured around military ranking; as which most MCs are. Officers at front, patch holders next, Prospects and hangarounds after that, then the guests of those to the back. It was not meant to offend or disrespect you. it is just the way it has always been and always will be. but it is also for safety reasons. please think about it for a moment. these guys that are in these clubs are used to riding in a pack or Formation as its called. A guest or new person to the group is likely unknown to the individuals of the group or club and more than likely not used to riding in formation. And if that person is allowed to ride in the middle or front of the formation and that person goes down due to inexperience think of all the other people he may bring down behind him. So to minimize this they are asked to ride at the back of the formation. It was mainly for everyones safety. Y'all asked for enlightenment so i hope this enlightens you. But please read the book for the true story and history, besides there are some great stories from the guys that started the traditions of what we all love doing that is riding motorcycles.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »

Good post, never hurts anyone to read & learn something new.  :agree:
Most books I read have lots of pictures

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »

I like our group its not a club and it has no rules. I hate riding in packs and even with others. I ride alone, but the X Riders are fun to build the fire and chug a cold one with.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal