Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Boozefighter on a Triumph?  (Read 17181 times)

tejasx

Boozefighter on a Triumph?
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »

I was running some errands around Grapevine Saturday and saw a Boozefighter with his colors on, riding a Triumph.  I thought they only allowed "American" motorcyles in their group.  At least that is what I was told by a former friend who sold his Wing, bought a Harley and joined them. 

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
Re: Boozefighter on a Triumph?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »

I was running some errands around Grapevine Saturday and saw a Boozefighter with his colors on, riding a Triumph.  I thought they only allowed "American" motorcyles in their group.  At least that is what I was told by a former friend who sold his Wing, bought a Harley and joined them. 

Never heard of a Boozefighter? Is that some slang for a 1% who doesn't normally fight until the booze gives him the courage to?

LoneCobra

• Tejano
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »

No, it's a recovering alcoholic.  >:D

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:26:56 PM »

All they do is drink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:50:28 PM by Tinman5507 »

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

tejasx

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

Never heard of a Boozefighter? Is that some slang for a 1% who doesn't normally fight until the booze gives him the courage to?

It's a national club with local chapters.  As far as I know, I don't think they are 1%'s.  The meaning behind Boozefighters, is that they fight to get all the booze they can. 

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »

Still part of the C.O.C.?  Thanks for clearing that booze problem up for me!  :thumbup:

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »

C.O.C.  :banghead: :cuss:

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 02:33:58 PM »

Actually the 1% term came from the Hollister riot, an event in which the Boozefighters are always named as causing the most trouble.  So one would assume that they are 1%er's...

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

they have a small group of 1%'s but the majority of them are average guys
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 06:10:48 PM »

you would be correct in that they are not suppossed to ride anything but american made while in colors. they can own other bikes and ride them, but not in colors. I know a few of them.....

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT

tejasx

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:08 AM »

you would be correct in that they are not suppossed to ride anything but american made while in colors. they can own other bikes and ride them, but not in colors. I know a few of them.....

He was alone, so maybe he was just fudging their system.  I had that one friend that sold his Wing, bought a Harley and joined them.  He invited me to their clubhouse, but told me I had to park my Honda in the back away from their bikes and I could ride with them, but I had to ride in a seperate group trailing them, In a less than PC way, I told him no thanks.  A few of us were at Twin Peaks in Bedford a while back and a few of the BF's came over, they seemed to be pretty decent guys, had a nice chat with them.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 06:50:46 AM »

If I remember correctly , the BF's organized after WWII, They are the oldest organized M/C. not that I care. Don't think much of these so called m/c's at some point you need to grow up
It's all just part of the adventure!

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »

I think this is hilarious people giving opinions on things which they have no idea about
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »

I think this is hilarious people giving opinions on things which they have no idea about

Sounds like you should enlighten everyone since you are in the know.....

:pot:

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 02:56:07 PM »

Yes please enlighten away   :boxing: :popcorn:
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal