Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good Bye All - It Was Nice To Meet Many of You  (Read 4989 times)

tejasx

Good Bye All - It Was Nice To Meet Many of You
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:57:49 PM »

I have decided to leave this board.  This distresses me, as I have met many friends, but this board has become too much like VTXOA.  I quit posting and reading on VTXOA because of all of the bickering and BS, I turned to this board because posts and people were so much nicer, but recently this has changed.  This board consists of an array of ages and personalities and I think we should all just be able to get along and ride, but there seems to be a growing contention.  Do I like tattoos, no, but I respect the right as an American for those that do.  My father fought in WW II to defend our rights and liberties. I have met Justin69,  X-holic and many others and tho I am much older, I thought they were cool guys and I enjoyed hanging out with them. Maybe as an old fart, hanging with them made me feel younger.

I love to ride and I love to ride with anyone who feels the same; I don't care how many tats you have, how many posts you make or what your age or personality is, Simple, I just love to ride with people who love to ride.  Here lately, there seems to be a lot of anomisity.  I have ridden with many of you and some who post seem to never ride.

This is a great burden upon me, for after years of owning an X, I found  group that loves to ride.  But what I don't enjoy is bickering, that is not what riding is about.  Riding is about enjoying the ride, the company and the ride; something that has seemed to have been lost here. 

In the end, I have met many friends and I still consider you friends. If you want a beer and a burger at Duke's or Wilhoite's I will be there, you have my email and phone number.   What I can't deal with is the bickering.   But for now, have decided to run solo, or at best maybe a small run with friends I have made here.  It just seems many who post negative posts are those who never show up for rides and do not get a chance to know another rider instead of blasting them in a posts.

I feel a great burden on my heart for posting this, I wish we could all just get together and ride and set aside our differences and just enjoy the ride.

For my friends, I wish to meet you on the road.  For those who want to continue to cause issues, remember it is all about the ride, not about differences. 

Adios to to you all and Via Con Dios.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:04:33 PM by tejasx »

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: Good Bye All - It Was Nice To Meet Many of You
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »

I clicked your name just as you removed your profile.

Tejas, please e-mail me at j1mmyj4m @ hotmail.com. 
Chunk the llama.

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:40:30 PM »

I clicked your name just as you removed your profile.

Tejas, please e-mail me at j1mmyj4m @ hotmail.com. 

So did I, I clicked your name to send a pm and you were already gone.  The jerks spewing crap will eventually get bored with it and move on, we don't have to watch, and we don't have to let it cut into our fun.  You were the first one to walk over, introduce yourself, and shake my hand on the first ride I went on with you guys, I'd hate to see you go.  Come on back, we need you here to keep the intellect average above the single digits.

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

lakebum1980

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »

As one of the new guys, I sure am sorry to see you leave.  You seem like a pretty good guy.  I'm not sure if we have met or not because I always forget to ask eople what their screen names are on here when I am out riding with some of the groups, but either way I wish you would stick around.  I think all of this will subside.  It just needs some time.  I agree that some of the BS inane worthless postings need to slow down.  I am lumping myself in with that too.  I am just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to that.  However, I think already within the last week it has subsided a bit.  Other than the tattoo thread everyone is arguing on nobody is really posting just to post anymore.  Anyway if you do leave just pop back in every once in awhile to say hi or find a good ride to go on.  \

See ya around.

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:45:37 PM »

I'm with those guys man sorry to see you leave. I know most of this crap got started with me and the whole post whore thing but as with lakebum it has slowed way down. Sure hate to be the cause of any dissention and I wish you would stick it out a little while longer and see if the bs passes

White Wolf

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:48:16 PM »

I was just logging on to see what I have been missing.... WOW?!? I need to catch up i guess. I'm sorry to see you go, even though I do not know you. I'm sure i would have enjoyed to ride alongside you.

WW

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »

Ken,
I'm not sure what got a select few's panties in a wad but in the bickering that is being talked about was a bunch of nonsence among friends. I ragged on X-aholic and so did a bunch of others BUT we were all out riding together on Sunday with no bad feelings. A few are harping on "it's about the ride not the posting". I'm asking where were all of those guys Muff, BDC, and Dusty last Sunday and two weeks before that and two weeks before that when most of us problem children were out riding together as friends. Maybe those few should learn to take a joke or at least meet these people before you get on here and talk nonsence.
I look forward to Riding with ANYONE who wants to go.
Monte
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 08:22:36 PM »

No kidding...  You'd think somebody was forcing people to read threads against their will or something, the way they carry on. There's page after page of new posts on here every day, if you see one you don't like, read a different one!  Duh!

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »

At the very upper left hand side of the board there is a link for Show unread posts since last visit. I click on that and there might be 3 to 4 pages. I read the titles and then look to see who posted it. If it looks interesting I read it, if not then I skip......At the bottom of the page it has a tab that you can click all messages read.

Very easy.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

BDC

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »

Ken,
I'm not sure what got a select few's panties in a wad but  I'm asking where were all of those guys Muff, BDC, and Dusty last Sunday and two weeks before that and two weeks before that when most of us problem children were out riding together as friends. Maybe those few should learn to take a joke or at least meet these people before you get on here and talk nonsence.

Monte

And just who are you to talk about me that way? Maybe we were out riding with our friends? 
BTW,
Just because you where panties don't mean I do!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »

If BDC is pissed he has to have a good reason. The man will give you the shirt off his back!! BDC was one of the original Texas X Riders and help make it what it is today..

So if you have a problem with Bobby then you are going to have a problem with me a whole AppleSauce load of other people >:( >:(
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »

I get on every few months and try to catch up.  Any chance we could have a pissin and moanin board?  Or a AppleSauce givin board, then those of us that don't want to read about pissin n moanin or AppleSauce givin could pass on it.

Oop's, I'm givin AppleSauce and pissin n moanin.  Nevermind......

The above was said with tounge in cheek!

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 10:06:10 PM »

BTW, sorry to see anybody leave the board.

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »

Hey Bobby, ya still selling the VTX stickers?

BDC

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »

Hey Bobby, ya still selling the VTX stickers?

Decals, yes sir I do.. I'm out, but can have it dropshipped from the MFG... O0

Lesson for the younger peps, do you see where I said "yes sir" ????

It's called respect, older people deserve to be respected, savvy?
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal