Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anybody Heard from Jack and Angie?  (Read 3318 times)

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
Anybody Heard from Jack and Angie?
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:28:56 AM »

He left about a week and a half ago to ride to the Arctic Circle in Alaska. Anybody heard from them?

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Anybody Heard from Jack and Angie?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:47:22 AM »

Nope :-\ Must be having to much fun to call home or check in O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »

he hasn't been on the other board either. i'm sure thier fine i don't believe jack believes in laptops!
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »

Actually he left the laptop for me because our computer crashed.  Besides, bumpy roads and laptops don't go together...so Jack says.

Sorry I haven't updated ya'll.  It'll be 2 weeks Tuesday that he left on his trip.  The first week he got rained on nearly every day.  .  One day he got snowed and sleeted on.  He got to Fairbanks on Tuesday the 19th, rode to the Arctic Circle on Wednesday...got the picture and T-shirt.  Doesn't want to make that trip to the Circle again.  He gave me permission to shoot him if he suggested doing it again.   
He rested on Thursday because it was a long, tiring ride to and from the Circle. 
He is on his way home.  He stopped some place called Talkeetna (something like that---phone connection was awful).

No major mishaps to this point.  He had to get new tires for his trailer when he got to Fairbanks, but other than that, bike/trailer has done great.

Thanks for asking about him.  Again, sorry I haven't updated til now.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was home by next weekend (if not sooner).  Depends on if he takes any detours due to weather or forest fires.  He couldn't see any of Denali today due to fires.

Sorry for the rambling post, but I keep thinking of things he's told me.  I'm sure he will give a ride report when he gets home.

Angie
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:24:15 PM by jackandangie »

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:40:01 PM »

thanx for the update  O0 was begining to feel like you guys disowned us! :'(

hope all is well and see ya'll soon
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »

Sorry to make ya feel disowned.  Not my intention.

Hope to see ya out on the bike soon.

Angie

TexPops

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 10:57:42 AM »

Hey Angie, great to hear that Jack is doin good O0 Post the pics when he gets back. Those ought to be awesome!!! 8)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »

Please ask Jack to post or PM me the route, specifically, the route after crossing the Canadian border.  I would like to add it to my list of trips that I will start in 2 1/2 years. 

Thanks!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 10:23:32 AM »

I'll be sure to have Jack pm or post you his route.  He's been keeping a journal. 
He called me from Anchorage yesterday.  He was at the Honda shop.  He blew a fork seal.  Luckily the shop wasn't busy and they were able to get to him pretty quick and get the job done before closing time.  Otherwise he would have been there until Tuesday and not been a happy camper. 

Wanted to say thanks for asking about Jack. 

If ya want, I'll post and keep ya'll updated on the rest of his progress as he makes his way home.

Angie

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »

That would be great if you will!!  8) 8) Sounds like a adventure and a half!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »

Just talked to Jack.  He is in Destruction Bay in the Yukon territory.  He didn't make it as far as he wanted to today due to rain and road construction.  Also, people at his gas stops see that he's from Texas and ask all kinds of questions about his trip and what kind of bike he has.

Angie

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 08:32:37 PM »

Monday

Just talked to Jack.  He finally made it to Whitehorse.  He woke up this morning to a torrential downpour.  He was trying to wait it out, but finally decided to hit the road.  It finally stopped raining about 50 miles before he got to Whitehorse. 
He's shooting for Dawson's Creek tomorrow, but it depends on the weather and if there's a lot of road construction.

Angie

TexPops

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »

Monday

Just talked to Jack.  He finally made it to Whitehorse.  He woke up this morning to a torrential downpour.  He was trying to wait it out, but finally decided to hit the road.  It finally stopped raining about 50 miles before he got to Whitehorse. 
He's shooting for Dawson's Creek tomorrow, but it depends on the weather and if there's a lot of road construction.

Angie

To give a little idea of what he's doing, from Whitehorse to Dawson Creek is a little over 800 miles of nothing. :-\ :-\

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »

Well, this will be the last update for a few days.  Jack made it Watson Lake and that's where he will be for at least the next 3 days.  The bearing went out on his back wheel.  There are no bike shops in Watson Lake...no one that works on bikes.
He called DFW Honda and they gave him the part number he needed.  NAPA was able to cross reference it and order one.  He did find a shop that will let him use their tools to change the part out.

When he gets going again, I'll let you know

Angie   

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 04:51:32 PM »

Well, Jack got the back wheel bearing problem fixed.  That's a story in itself.  He left on Thursday and made it as far as Ft. Nelson before having to stop and replace his front wheel bearing.  Another story I'll let him tell.  Anyway, he got that fixed Friday and made it to a town outside Edmonton called Devon.  Between getting a late start and a long line at customs he didn't get as far as he wanted to today.  He had planned on being home tomorrow, but now it will be Monday, barring major complications. 

He is state side.  He was calling me from north of Great Falls, Montana.

Angie
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:54:30 PM by jackandangie »
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal