Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: anybody gonna get out and ride this weekend  (Read 4349 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: anybody gonna get out and ride this weekend
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »

hooter I was going to ask which way you planned on coming up...if you were going to be coming up 34 at any point, I could meet you up somewhere...hadn't heard anything from hobo, so I'm cool with whatever...just gonna ride up that morning then ride back sometime that afternoon/evening...lemme know what you think and what you have planned.

Was goina shoot 22 to Corsicana, pick up 31 to backside Tyler and then guess super slab it to 59. I see your just south of Kaufman on 34 and would be outa your way to go south to Athens and pick up 31. We get closer to time, we'll discuss it. Might be come up 34 and tag some of the Dallas group. We'll look at.

If I can get an early enough start, I like to take 317 (east) from Athens to Lake Palestine where it dead ends into 315. Then I'll go north through Chandler and take 31, (east), on into Tyler. On the Northeast corner of Loop 323, (in Tyler), I take 271 to 155 (North) all the way through Gilmer until it crosses Lake O' Pines, (very scenic). Then 729, (east), comes down the north side of the lake is some pretty good hills and twisties. 729 merges with 49 just outside of Jefferson. It takes a little longer to get there, but the ride is great and the roads are good.  :)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »

That sounds pretty good.  O0 O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

txvtxrider

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 11:27:20 AM »

athens is only about 30 minutes from where im at...maybe about 45 mins...so its not really out of the way if its gonna be easier going that way...just want to find an easy way to poke back to the house later that afternoon.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 11:57:13 AM »

athens is only about 30 minutes from where im at...maybe about 45 mins...so its not really out of the way if its gonna be easier going that way...just want to find an easy way to poke back to the house later that afternoon.

IMO, If you're in a hurry to get back, take 59, (south), to I-20, (west), to 34, (south). To poke back easily, take 59 to highway 80, to Terrell and catch 34 back to Scurry. It doesn't take much longer and there's much less traffic.

txvtxrider

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 12:34:31 PM »

yeah i was lookin on mapquest at the route on 80...looks like a halfway decent route...be a nice ride back to the house

txvtxrider

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 12:36:13 PM »

plus i wouldnt have a lot of big rigs to dal with...just want a comfortable ride back ya know what i mean?  u stayin the night out there?

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

plus i wouldnt have a lot of big rigs to dal with...just want a comfortable ride back ya know what i mean?  u stayin the night out there?

I'll be staying the night most likely. Unless finding a place to stay becomes a problem.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 07:35:41 AM »

If I can get an early enough start, I like to take 317 (east) from Athens to Lake Palestine where it dead ends into 315. Then I'll go north through Chandler and take 31, (east), on into Tyler. On the Northeast corner of Loop 323, (in Tyler), I take 271 to 155 (North) all the way through Gilmer until it crosses Lake O' Pines, (very scenic). Then 729, (east), comes down the north side of the lake is some pretty good hills and twisties. 729 merges with 49 just outside of Jefferson. It takes a little longer to get there, but the ride is great and the roads are good.  :)

[/quote]

Sic, Chad, and afew others are all meeting up and will be going thru Gilmer sometime after 11am. Maybe we can tag them if we get the apx time and place they'er meeting up with some of the others.

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 08:40:45 AM »

Sic, Chad, and afew others are all meeting up and will be going thru Gilmer sometime after 11am. Maybe we can tag them if we get the apx time and place they'er meeting up with some of the others.
Sounds good to me.

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 07:29:15 AM »

Anyone for Wilhoits on Sunday afternoon?
MPM
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 10:19:37 AM »

I'm in for the Jefferson ride. I'll try and figure out what time we'd have to leave Athens to get to Gilmer if we can find out when the other group will be there.

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 09:19:45 PM »

MPM

I'm hoping to get in some riding on Sunday, weather permitting!!  Hopefully there will be other X'ers out as well..

Tolly

• Tejano
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

We are planning on ridding on this Sunday as well, not sure where we will end up but would love to hook up with some of you at some where. I am sure we will make it to Grapevine for a beer and a cigar towards the end of the afternoon.
Jack and Robin

JD

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2007, 09:54:47 AM »

MPM

I'm hoping to get in some riding on Sunday, weather permitting!!  Hopefully there will be other X'ers out as well..

I may try to venture out today for some riding around the Mansfield/SE Tarrant couty area.....depends on the cold weather.....tomorrow for sure. Hope to see some out as well....be safe.
JD

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 02:01:25 PM »

MPM

I may try to venture out today for some riding around the Mansfield/SE Tarrant couty area.....depends on the cold weather.....tomorrow for sure. Hope to see some out as well....be safe.
JD

What time will you be heading out tomorrow?  I'll probably venture out around 10:00 to 11:00am, leaving from the Mansfield area.  Let me know if your interested in hooking up tomorrow. 

Dan
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal