Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need ride destination...  (Read 827 times)

programmertim

• Trailer Queen
Need ride destination...
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:05:30 AM »

My company gives us 16 hours (2 days) to take off for community service.  So I'm thinking about starting a "Skip Work for Charity Ride".  All of the other charity rides I know of are on weekends.  We'll be leaving Irving (so far just me and two other riders in my office) and need someplace that we can get to and back in 8 hours or so.  We'll just collect donations and give it to someplace on the end, like a hospital or children's center or something.  Since we get two days, we'll try to make it a bi-annual thing, probably spring and fall (although I'm really late for spring this year).

So, I need somewhere that is a 501-C, can use the donations, is about 4 hours from Irving on the backroads (which probably means it would be better north or east, as we get out of D/FW quicker that way) and is near some decent eating establishment.  We'll ride out, hand over the money, get some lunch, and ride back.  Any ideas?

monstertwin

• Tejano
Re: Need ride destination...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

have you thought about ginving the donations to an american legion or maybey for the troops? Im sure I can find out some information for you on this.
JB - Keep the rubber side down
"What a wonderful world......OOOOHHHH YEEEEAAAAA......"

programmertim

• Trailer Queen
Re: Need ride destination...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »

I suppose that would open up more destinations by decoupling the destination from the charity, but I'd rather combine the two.  Know of any American Legion/VFW/what have you that would be a decent destination?

I need to do this fairly quickly though.  Our company just got sold, so we may not have community service hours later in the year, so I need to use them while I have them.

Oh, and I think I meant north or west as the best directions.  I think I can hit country easier heading west than trying to cross Dallas.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal