Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DFW Tech Session  (Read 4822 times)

Tweetys_Revenge

• Old Timer
DFW Tech Session
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »

Tech Session=== Sunday May 22nd Rowlett TX

Time say 11:00 AM or earlier if needed or wanted -- End time No clue when we are done?

I need to install a set of progressive springs and need to check my valves its been 16K(will have bike stripped down before hand to save time) anyone is welcome to come if you need to do some work  I have tools and 3 lifts and large driveway.

Will PM my address and phone # to anyone that wants to stop by will fire up the grill and do burgers and dogs if people are interested in doing that. 

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: DFW Tech Session
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »

Count us in for fork springs for my wife's bike.  I have a new quart of fork oil also.

Justin VTX

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »

Count us in for fork springs for my wife's bike.  I have a new quart of fork oil also.
If anyone has a large syringe to remove the oil out of the forks you won't have to take them off! I think I have one if noone doesn't. Hook a small tube to the end and suck it out!
 Will be there! :thumbup:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:44:42 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »

I plan on being there too. Cant think of anything I need done except possibly some help adjusting the front brakes. They seem to be rubbing excessively no matter how much I adjust them.
I do have a syringe I use for the final drive but no tube for it. Let me know if ya want me to bring it or if any other tools are needed.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

Tweetys_Revenge

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »

Count us in for fork springs for my wife's bike.  I have a new quart of fork oil also.
If anyone has a large syringe to remove the oil out of the forks you won't have to take them off! I think I have one if noone doesn't. Hook a small tube to the end and suck it out!
 Will be there! :thumbup:

I will see if I can find something

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:07:55 AM »

Go to a boating store and get the vacuum oil changer for inboard engines. It come with tubes to reach the bottom of the forks easily.

After using it, you may decide that changing your own oil in your vehicle is no longer a crawl under the car dirty trip.  :notworthy:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

cheez

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 06:07:34 AM »

Wow, I've been hoping for one of these for longer than I can remember at this point. ;) Thanks Tweetys_Revenge for hosting it!

I've got a new airbox to be put on and some risers to install, a front left brake caliper giving me issues, and some cable cleanup work to do on the bars. I'd really love to have some more experienced wrenches around to give advice on the brake issue and perhaps help fix it. Here's the list of what I need to look at (with help from more knowledgeable folks):

Clutch master cylinder minor leak
Shift lever is loose under transmission cover
Front left brake caliper won't release fully
Re-torque Rear Shock Bolts (changed out the bushings with no torque wrench)
Airbox to be replaced (old one has several screw bosses destroyed by the previous owner)
Risers to have installed and adjusting controls/cables

I'm also overdue for a valve adjustment but I'm going to have my mechanic do that along with a few other fixes that need doing and my 20/24k mile services. The more I can get done here though, the less I'll have to pay for his time. I'd be swapping out the front springs too, if I'd heard about this early enough to buy them- perhaps I'll see if I can get some locally.

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:05:57 AM »

Sorry guys but it looks like I will have to skip this one. Had something come up and I cant make it. I know you will all be sad without me and my expertise to guide you..... :'(
I hope I can make the next one...You all have fun :thumbup:

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »

We are still planning on being at the tech session.  How many people/bikes are you expecting?

Justin VTX

Tweetys_Revenge

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 09:34:27 AM »

We are still planning on being at the tech session.  How many people/bikes are you expecting?

At this point I have me working on mine checking valves and Chad said he would help with the springs (plan on taking bike apart on Sat. for the Valves) so thats 2 people for sure I have a Pepsx stand and 2 jacks not in use
I think I PMed you my address and phone if you did not get it I can resend if you want.

Tweetys_Revenge

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:35:51 AM »

Wow, I've been hoping for one of these for longer than I can remember at this point. ;) Thanks Tweetys_Revenge for hosting it!

I've got a new airbox to be put on and some risers to install, a front left brake caliper giving me issues, and some cable cleanup work to do on the bars. I'd really love to have some more experienced wrenches around to give advice on the brake issue and perhaps help fix it. Here's the list of what I need to look at (with help from more knowledgeable folks):

Clutch master cylinder minor leak
Shift lever is loose under transmission cover
Front left brake caliper won't release fully
Re-torque Rear Shock Bolts (changed out the bushings with no torque wrench)
Airbox to be replaced (old one has several screw bosses destroyed by the previous owner)
Risers to have installed and adjusting controls/cables

I'm also overdue for a valve adjustment but I'm going to have my mechanic do that along with a few other fixes that need doing and my 20/24k mile services. The more I can get done here though, the less I'll have to pay for his time. I'd be swapping out the front springs too, if I'd heard about this early enough to buy them- perhaps I'll see if I can get some locally.

Your more than welcome to come by. will PM my phone/ address

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »

I would have made this one but jumping on a plane Sunday morning.
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »

At this point I have me working on mine checking valves and Chad said he would help with the springs (plan on taking bike apart on Sat. for the Valves) so thats 2 people for sure I have a Pepsx stand and 2 jacks not in use
I think I PMed you my address and phone if you did not get it I can resend if you want.

Yes, I got your info.  We'll see you Sunday.

Justin VTX

cheez

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »

Your more than welcome to come by. will PM my phone/ address

Thanks! See you folks on Sunday.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.