Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Riding around Texas...  (Read 872 times)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
Riding around Texas...
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »

I didn't want to highjack any threads, so here goes...

1. Wouldn't it be nice if the 'Texas X Riders' members could get most everyone that does post on this site to attend our Annual State Wide
    three (3) day 'Meet & Greet'... "BlueBonnet Thunder"  OR BBT on May 2,3, & 4, 2013.  This is our main annual group event for the Texas X Riders.

2. Also, many could have made a big ride for BBQ, Pie or other food that we served while having a M&G this past Thursday or Friday or Saturday at our
    other annual event...Spring Thing (Turkey Roost).  This event is centrally located to the entire 'State of Texas' in Belton at the Cedar Ridge State Park 
    on Lake Belton. 

3. However, if BBQ rides & Pie runs are going to prevail for attendance to the annual events; then someone should pass a hat/bucket for a $1 or $2
    donation to be made at each of these group ride-ins.  Thus, there would be no need for a large number of members to attend the major events   
    provided those that attend these kinds of rides are willing to donate to the group.  And...more than enough money could be raised to support the
    cost of the Texas X Riders website; because contrary to popular belief it's definitely not free. 

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Riding around Texas...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:10:32 AM »

some people can make a day ride but due to work , finances or family obligations cannot make the major functions. That said, I think these are all good ideas. Would hate to see this come to and end.
It's all just part of the adventure!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »

So, how about a day ride to one of these events for some of our folks.  Gary, you  & Bryce & Snake were able to plan & make a weekend ride; so I am still confused as to why others don't plan around the events and make one of these a day ride or a 1 night stay to one of these events.  These group outings are set-up to not conflict with Fall Riding (Aug.-Oct.), Lone Star Rally, and the Texas summer heat. 

I understand work, heck I am a teacher and a coach with many long days, odd hours and numerous weekends with athletic events and/or coaching functions.  Plus, I have a wife, 4  children & their activities, a grandson and other relative get-togethers. I don't make big $; but yet I still seem to be able to plan ahead for these two events.  Yes, things sometimes pop-up unexpectedly and that is understandable; however, it seems as though there are now other areas of interest & other groups to ride with instead of supporting our Texas X Rider functions.  And not only that, these functions are good if you want to ride, but its really about getting together as a group, so it does not matter if you cage-it to the function with the family, kids and animals to spend the day, just show-up...support & contribute.  I now will get down off my soap box; beaux43 has left the building.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

bulldog777

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »

I have no objection to passing a hat at the meet & greets. As a matter of fact, I recommended it at the M &G at Buzzard Billy's in Waco in 2012.
As previously mentioned, schedules do conflict with events. I don't have the luxury of always making planned events. If I don't, that's my choice. I like M&G's. As an assist. Pastor and full time job, there's certain activities I don't participate in, or like to be around. And what little time I have off is precious time I have to divide with family and honey-do list. I only made one "ride" last year due to my schedule. But that's the life I have chosen. I believe American's have the freedom to chose what they want to do, when they want to.

If money is the main topic on the soap box, I recommend let's set up a donation box, or like, at M & G's.
The talk on this forum was that more showed up Waco than some of the large events. So why not take the opportunity to take contributions?

Respectfully,
Bulldog777
2007 VTX 1300R
2004 Aero 750
Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »

I'll send my money in when I get back from my golf trip in east Tx.  The way I'm playing, I will sell my clubs and donate the money to Texas X!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal