Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Countdown to R.O.T.!!!  (Read 8745 times)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
Countdown to R.O.T.!!!
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »

I am aware many of you don't like the crowds at ROT.  Sylvia and I always enjoy sitting at the concerts in a lawn chair with a cold cerveza & listening to the tunes in the night air.  We do this on Thursday & Saturday nights.  Friday night we go downtown early, eat, find a nice spot and listen to the bands rock all night.  We then usually hit Magnolia Cafe, Kirby Lane Cafe or as a last resort Waffle House (Tin Cup...we are W.F. people) after the lengthy night of longnecks, jello shots and some liquor. 

So if anyone wants to join us and a few friends, jump in with both feet and lets have some fun! 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Countdown to R.O.T.!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

I will most def be there, however am not leaving until Friday.  haven't decided if morning or afternoon.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »

Cool!  We will probably go out to the grounds during the day and then head downtown that evening. 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »

If here will join ya always enjoyed the ROT but right now is a 99% chance will not even be in Texas but might be able to make it back for that.Will know here in a few days but would bet money I will be a gone motor scooter
Alvin,Texas

cruisinsounds

• Trailer Queen
  • Keep it hot so you don't choke.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

count me in to ROT, anyone doing the MOD ride? anyone know how much of the extra 45bucks goes to mod and how much to pay this schmuck celebrity to lead it?

matap

• Board
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »

MOD ride?   well, I just paid for my tickets, so.......now i'm stuck going.   :bikerider:

matap

• Board
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »

By the way, is there gonna be some kind of M&G that weekend?  Somewhere for us X'ers to meet up at. 

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »

Hey, there was one last year just not at a good time for me.  The wife and I buy tickets to go listen to the music performances.  So, I would prefer that if we have one that it not coincide with the concerts.  Friday sounds good to me, What time will you arrive on Friday? 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

matap

• Board
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 10:30:49 PM »

actually, I just decided that i'm leaving Thursday after work.  I'll be in Austin probably @ 8:00 or something.  I would also like to make the concerts as a couple of years ago, i missed every single one of them b/c of the dummies i rode with.  no one from this board, but some buddies of mine, so this time, I'm going without them.

Pudge

• Tejano
  • Wimberley, Texas
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:49 AM »

ROT would be fun, but we will be on a cruise for our 25th annaversary.  Can't wait.  Hope you guys have fun.  I would personally boycott the city of Austin myself and visit the surrounding communities.  Austin needs a little of their own medicine.
Ride Cowboys, Ride!

matap

• Board
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:14 AM »

Hey, there was one last year just not at a good time for me.  The wife and I buy tickets to go listen to the music performances.  So, I would prefer that if we have one that it not coincide with the concerts.  Friday sounds good to me, What time will you arrive on Friday? 

Changed my mind again, or actually the cost of hotel changed my mind and decided I'll just leave towards Austin Friday morning.  I should be there around 10 a.m.,  gonna take my time get breakfast in Brenham, then lunch in austin, then go and check-in at rally and hotel. then go hit all the venues.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »

Pudge  :agree:
  ROT would be fun, but we will be on a cruise for our 25th annaversary.  Can't wait.  Hope you guys have fun.  I would personally boycott the city of Austin myself and visit the surrounding communities.  Austin needs a little of their own medicine
   I would stay somewhere outside the city limits of Austin and also not do business with anyone inside the city limits if I were to go
Alvin,Texas

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 12:11:25 PM »

WHY?
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »

:redcard:     Damn, we are surrounded by Idiot/Schmucks!   
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

matap

• Board
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »

:threadjack:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal