Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Golden Aspen Rally/Ruidoso  (Read 1468 times)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
Golden Aspen Rally/Ruidoso
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:21:46 AM »

I am headed out late Wed. afternoon for this rally.  In-laws talked me into going.
I will drive about 5 hrs. and then finish off on early Thurs. morning. 
I can use the days off riding after being cooped-up by the rain; however, the reports say it may rain even more in NM.  Anyone else going or have ever been?
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

rbljack

• Tejano
Re: Golden Aspen Rally/Ruidoso
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »

Sorry I didnt get in here to see your post before we left. We just got back last night...and as you already know...it was a RAINY year. From Wed till Saturday AM it rained and rained. Didnt keep us in though. We got there Wed afternoon in the rain...and completed the any day tour before 5 pm. We did the Thursday Tour and Poker run in the rain...we did the Friday Poker run in the rain....DID I MENTION IT RAINED SOME THIS YEAR>>>LOL> Saturday it cleared out though, and we made the Cloudcroft and SunSpot Trip....great day with mostly sunshine.

We have been to the Golden Aspen rally the last three years in a row, and this was the most rain we encountered. So...if this was your first year and got discouraged....try again next year. Its a great Rally, with lots of great riding. Usually there is afternoon rain, but not ALL day every day, like we had this year. PM me if ya need anything or had any questions.

If your looking for another rally to attend....check out the White Buffalo Bikefest in the West Texas Forum section!! Its in two weeks, right here in Snyder TX. Hope to see ya there!

Rob
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal