Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: White Buffalo Bikefest 2009 - Oct 2-4  (Read 8486 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: White Buffalo Bikefest 2009 - Oct 2-4
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »

I had big plans, but life happened, at the last minute, I will not be there.
Missing Dr, Hook, I consider a personal tragedy.
To my friends that I did not get to see this time around, We won't shed no tears over it. See ya next year if the creek don't rise.

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 02:39:51 AM »

It is just me but has rbljack been to any TEXAS "X" RIDER events???? I don't feel oblegated... I will be in the area tho.... RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG.
VTrex..im not exactly sure what brought your comments on....but thanks murray for stepping in. If your just pulling my chain VTrex...than disregard the rest of this. But if there is some reason your not happy about my not attending other Texas X rider events, than I have a few comments:
1. You (and noone else for that matter) is obligated to come. I just throw this together because I live in the local area, and felt that the White Buffalo Bikefest was/is a great opportunity to have Texas X riders gather at, and I had/have the abilitiy to make it more "comfortable" during the stay.
2. What does the number of Texas X riders events I've attended have to do with anything? I attend the following rallies each year:
San angelo in the Spring, ROT in June, Giant Side of Lubbock Rally in August (which by the way is NO longer...the event will not be done in 2010), Golden Aspen Rally in Ruidoso in September, and White Buffalo in Oct. Now..why do i mention that...because I attend all of those events, AND we have a 12 year old boy who plays baseball and football each year. I also have to allow time for my sons sports activities as well. Traveling for THOSE events is JUST as important..if not more to me, than the Texas X events.
3. If any of the rallies I listed above it a Texas X event, I'd be happy to stop by and hang out with the X riders and even volunteer to help out if i can during my stay. I'm not judging anybody for coming or NOT coming to this event, or any other. Everyone has priorities in life, and Tomcat was one of those this year unable to attend because of other priorities. No hard feelings, and hope you can make it next year Tomcat...I'll be down there as usual and have a burger on the grill fo ya! Actually this year I did pork shoulder bbq...and it was pretty good too..lol

To V65, sorry I didnt get in here to see that you were trying to make it....I didnt see any attendees coming except for myself, so I did not log in past the 30th of September.

For those who were curious, we did get some rain..and the poker run on saturday was a bit wetand chilly, but still lots of riders. They also changed the fees for this year, and it was 20 dollars to get in for friday, 30 dollars for a saturday pass, or 45 dollars for the whole weekend. The concerts on saturday were held outside, and there was a good turnout despite the rain. Dr hook and Bad Company were both pretty good, and we never had to leave camp to see the concert!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 02:44:17 AM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

Damn it!  pork shoulder, and the concerts were on the grounds?  I thought most of the concerts were supposed to be held downtown...  I should've skipped out on what I had to do this weekend...  next time man, next time...

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 03:49:08 AM »

yeah murray, both Dr hook and Bad company were playing on the outdoor stage just beyond our camp (same place as last year, except the stage was actually a bit closer). Now, we were on the back side of the stage, but the music good, and we never had to leave camp to hear it.
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 06:37:15 AM »

Glad you had agood time, I wanna make this one, maybe next time
It's all just part of the adventure!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »

The stage set up right there is awesome, you can hear the music w/o it being too loud, and still see the show for the most part.  Then when you want, you can mosey on over to the front of the stage to participate in the festivities, best if you bring beads...

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 09:43:29 AM »

I spent my Snyder rally money on a bike for the kids. Oh well, next year will get here soon enough.   
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal