Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bikers Bay - Ever Heard of Them?  (Read 5626 times)

tejasx

Bikers Bay - Ever Heard of Them?
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »

Driving down 121 in Euless and saw temporary sign on the building where DFW Honda used to be, "Biker's Bay" Opening Soon.

Looked up their website.  It looks like they are a service/sales facility, opening this month;

http://www.mybikersbay.com/

LoneWolf

• Tejano
Re: Bikers Bay - Ever Heard of Them?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »

I'm suppose to head down there for an interview this Tuesday. With any luck I'll finally have a job and a decent place to work. From what I understand it's kind of like a Jiffy Lube for motorcycles with after market parts, mainly a ride in ride out service center.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Big Ace

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »

Good luck on your interview.
Wayne R.

Big Ace - Silver 2006 Honda VTX 1800C - now with BadX seat, Paladin Sissy Bar, and Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts

Iron Horses Grazing - photo by my son Kev

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »

Yeah, interesting and cool concept!  Good luck, man.
My now long gone VTX...

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:14:10 AM »

My now long gone VTX...

dukester55

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »

i checked out the website. i bet they can install my 205 on the 1800

close to my house as well.

Dukester
just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »

I'm suppose to head down there for an interview this Tuesday. With any luck I'll finally have a job and a decent place to work. From what I understand it's kind of like a Jiffy Lube for motorcycles with after market parts, mainly a ride in ride out service center.

How did the interview go LoneWolf? 

Paddyo

• Tejano
  • Bedford, TX
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »

:)  :)
Well had Biker Bay replace my fork seals yesterday, the left one was leaking.
Their labour charge was 60% of Honda's and their parts 33% of what Honda wanted and they got the bike back to me in 4 hours.
Overall very happy with their service and no obvious problems so far.
I'll give them two  O0  O0
Pat
04 VTX 1300C Black

LoneWolf

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »

Since the manager has been avoiding my calls, I think it's safe to say that I didn't get the job. Good thing I have other irons in the fire though.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »

That actually discourages me...  I really don't like to hear about lack of professionalism.  If you used the F word every 4th word during the interview, they STILL owe you a "thanks but no" in SOME manner... a letter, a phone call.
My now long gone VTX...

LoneWolf

• Tejano
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »

Some people are just intimidated by their own stupidity. I like the idea of what it does and wont discourage people from going their unless they have bad service.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 05:13:05 AM »

I wasn't implying that I wouldn't try them out... it's more the kind of info that makes me pay SPECIAL attention to their professionalism in other venues, and forgive less quickly if they display customer service issues.  Basically, it starts them with a strike in my eyes.
My now long gone VTX...

Pokins

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »

I e-mailed them using the contact info on their web site but never got a response.
I called them up and asked them about their e-mail and was told that the guy who the e-mail goes to doesn't always come in ??

He gave me another one to try. So I sent them a message asking the prices for a 2005 Honda VTX1300 services.

I couldn't believe their reply - they told me to bring it in and ask for a certain employee because he has many years working with HDs  ???  WTF ???

LoneWolf

• Tejano
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 01:17:33 AM »

I e-mailed them using the contact info on their web site but never got a response.
I called them up and asked them about their e-mail and was told that the guy who the e-mail goes to doesn't always come in ??

He gave me another one to try. So I sent them a message asking the prices for a 2005 Honda VTX1300 services.

I couldn't believe their reply - they told me to bring it in and ask for a certain employee because he has many years working with HDs  ???  WTF ???

I only talked to the General Manager for a little bit of time and I could tell that he needed the help bad. I haven't stopped by since they opened or called since I didn't have much of a reason to. For the most part they seemed like decent people, I know the General Manager might be out with medical issues from time to time and cancer does have that effect. I haven't had any experience with them since they opened up and don't have a clue as to how their techs/mechs would be rated. Might have to take a brave soul to stop on in and find out if the place is any good. I would hate for it to be a place that sounds great only to have poor customer relations and only negative feed back.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 07:00:38 AM »

Yeah, more and more nervous as I go along. 
My now long gone VTX...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal