Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Houston M&G 7/14 - Sweet Mesquite - SouthWest  (Read 3846 times)

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Houston M&G 7/14 - Sweet Mesquite - SouthWest
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »

We need a president who will fine those who produce outside of the country and make them bring all of the work back home.  President Bush's trade policy hosed us in that regard, starting an avalanche of greed that promoted companies to find work cheaper.

Spoken by someone who is not a business owner or dosen't have a clue how a profiable businness HAS TO operate to survive in a world economy.  No offense intended..........just a fact.

It's call "supply and demand".  It business economics 101.  In order for a busniess to survive it has to mantain it's costs to be profitable.  Labor rates in this country are way out of line what can be outside of it.  Labor costs, government taxes and the health care burden is killing business, not greed. greed by the few CEO's that make the news is great for headlines but that is not why business are going under.  Fining them (for trying to be competitive)  will only put them in the grave faster.  Government imposed taxes on business is an increasing burden they can not carry without trimming costs in other areas,  i.e labor.  Union labor and our general standard of living in the US have inflated our labor rates to a point we are not competitive in world economy. Our failed imigration policy (for the last 40 years) has desimated the work force here. The demand for "shareholder profits" by the shareholders themselves forces business to be more profitable and therefore competitive. Greed, as you call it, is just share holders wanting a return on thier investment.  I want that when I invest and risk my money.  You expect a return on your money that you are risking when you invest in something............don't you?  Without the return for investors, companies would have no monies to finance thier busniess and pay workers.  It's "a cost of doing business".    If you want facts on this topic, join the "American Heritage Foundation" or read any of the numerous business publications on this topic for the last twenty years.  The trade imbalance has been happening for the last 20 years.  It's wasn't just Bush's issue, it's governments screw up in general.  More government control is a bad thing.  You just haven't figured that out yet.     

If you want to know the truth, talk to any business owner.  You just heard from one of them.

Way are we discussing this in the Meet and Greet??????????

AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »

We need a president who will fine those who produce outside of the country and make them bring all of the work back home.  President Bush's trade policy hosed us in that regard, starting an avalanche of greed that promoted companies to find work cheaper.

Spoken by someone who is not a business owner or dosen't have a clue how a profiable businness HAS TO operate to survive in a world economy.  No offense intended..........just a fact.

It's call "supply and demand".  It business economics 101.  In order for a busniess to survive it has to mantain it's costs to be profitable.  Labor rates in this country are way out of line what can be outside of it.  Labor costs, government taxes and the health care burden is killing business, not greed. greed by the few CEO's that make the news is great for headlines but that is not why business are going under.  Fining them (for trying to be competitive)  will only put them in the grave faster.  Government imposed taxes on business is an increasing burden they can not carry without trimming costs in other areas,  i.e labor.  Union labor and our general standard of living in the US have inflated our labor rates to a point we are not competitive in world economy. Our failed imigration policy (for the last 40 years) has desimated the work force here. The demand for "shareholder profits" by the shareholders themselves forces business to be more profitable and therefore competitive. Greed, as you call it, is just share holders wanting a return on thier investment.  I want that when I invest and risk my money.  You expect a return on your money that you are risking when you invest in something............don't you?  Without the return for investors, companies would have no monies to finance thier busniess and pay workers.  It's "a cost of doing business".    If you want facts on this topic, join the "American Heritage Foundation" or read any of the numerous business publications on this topic for the last twenty years.  The trade imbalance has been happening for the last 20 years.  It's wasn't just Bush's issue, it's governments screw up in general.  More government control is a bad thing.  You just haven't figured that out yet.     

If you want to know the truth, talk to any business owner.  You just heard from one of them.

:agree: with a lot you have to say here, but you also said a bunch of bull poo pee, I feel sorry for me boo hoo poor me I need more money.
Man up and take your fair share

Now I bet we have a lively meet and greet tonight  ;D ;D ;D ;D that ought to get Mikey fired up
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »

:agree: with a lot you have to say here, but you also said a bunch of bull poo pee, I feel sorry for me boo hoo poor me I need more money.
Man up and take your fair share

Now I bet we have a lively meet and greet tonight  ;D ;D ;D ;D that ought to get Mikey fired up

I always get fired up when anyone condones bigger and more government.  We all should.............because that's a bad thing.
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »

Now I bet we have a lively meet and greet tonight  ;D ;D ;D ;D that ought to get Mikey fired up

ask him about hwy 50...... :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:30:38 PM by j1mmyj4m »

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »

So after ALL companies lay everyone off and go overseas to be competitive, who's left to buy anything?  This is typically why I don't get into politics because I don't agree with any of it.

It is however good bait to get Mike all riled.   :-*
Chunk the llama.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »

Now I bet we have a lively meet and greet tonight  ;D ;D ;D ;D that ought to get Mikey fired up

ask him about hwy 50...... :stickpoke:

It's probably a good thing he wasn't carrying because all of those hoodlums would be left for the vultures...actually it's a bad thing he wasn't carrying.
Chunk the llama.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:25 PM »

looks like i will make it after all!

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »

Sweet!
Chunk the llama.

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »

looks like i will make it after all!

If you bring your little lap top.............we can do a slide show of the trip for those who want to watch.............Like me!
The videos should be cool.
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »

If you bring your little lap top.............we can do a slide show of the trip for those who want to watch.............Like me!

Did you record your encounter?
Chunk the llama.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 03:26:50 PM »

Did you record your encounter?

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »

Made it home ok headlight works on hig beam only,turn signals work when you use them other wise are not working.The taillight works off and on but finally stayed on most of the way home.The LED lights will come of but flicker off and on.Talked to Rex and maybe could be the low beam on the headlight not working causing some of the probles but will look for a loose wire somewhere.With the front fork seal going out could have shook something loose.Anyway had a good time enjoyed hearing about the trip from Mike and Bryce
Alvin,Texas

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »

Made it home ok headlight works on hig beam only,turn signals work when you use them other wise are not working.The taillight works off and on but finally stayed on most of the way home.The LED lights will come of but flicker off and on.Talked to Rex and maybe could be the low beam on the headlight not working causing some of the probles but will look for a loose wire somewhere.With the front fork seal going out could have shook something loose.Anyway had a good time enjoyed hearing about the trip from Mike and Bryce

Damn gremlins were busy tonight!  Cause the little buggers also worked the vacuum hose on my petcock valve off. I got half a block before the engine died. I was able to fix it thank god!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:41:58 PM by Isorg »

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

Yep at least we made it home ok and mins started when the fork seals began going out guess thats what I get for keeping on riding lol
Alvin,Texas

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 11:04:54 PM »

Larry,
Let me know if you want to bring it by.  We will find the problem one way or another.  :thumbup:
Check your blubs and plugs. :c
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal