Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hey cybrhick:  (Read 467 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Hey cybrhick:
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »

From the Government Code:
"Sec. 411.204.  NOTICE REQUIRED ON CERTAIN PREMISES.  (a)  A business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, and that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code, shall prominently display at each entrance to the business premises a sign that complies with the requirements of Subsection (c).
(b)  A hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, shall prominently display at each entrance to the hospital or nursing home, as appropriate, a sign that complies with the requirements of Subsection (c) other than the requirement that the sign include on its face the number "51".
(c)  The sign required under Subsections (a) and (b) must give notice in both English and Spanish that it is unlawful for a person licensed under this subchapter to carry a handgun on the premises.  The sign must appear in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height and must include on its face the number "51" printed in solid red at least five inches in height.  The sign shall be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public."
02 1800C

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Hey cybrhick:
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:28:38 AM »

I don't know what this is in reference to but since I am in a conference meeting that I have mostly nothing to do with....I am giving my 2 cents on the subject.   :couch:

General rule of thumb:

You can't carry in bars, period.  I don't know one bar that does not make more than 51% of thier income from the consumption of alcohol. 
You CAN carry in a liquor store and if you carry that would be one place I would make sure I had my concealed weapon.
You CAN carry in a restaraunt that serves alcohol as long as it does not make more than 51% of it's income from the consumption of it.  Buffalo Wild Wings might have a policy but you are still legal to carry in one of their locations. 

Exceptions:

If they post the "30-06" sign per the letter of the law, it is against the law to carry in or at that location. 
You cannot carry at any location designated in the code which includes schools, government buildings, hospitals, polling locations, town meetings, etc. 
You ARE "legally" allowed to carry in a facility or business that posts no firearms signs.  Most posts "unauthorized possession of firearms prohibited" so if you have a license this does not apply to you as you would be authorized. 

Common Sense:

If someone does not want you to legally carry at their business then don't .  Go support a business that does want you. 
It's called "Concealed Permit", make sure it stays that way.  No one will care if they don't know so don't let them know. 
If you feel like Rambo when you are carrying then you should not carry. 
If by carrying you feel taller, smarter or tougher....you should not carry.
If you hope that you never ever have to dislodge that weapon from it's holster and will do anything in your power to keep that from happening, you are on the right track. 

Final thoughts:

If you carry or just have a weapon, you should be very familiar with it and know how to operate it. 
You should have experience with rounds that jam and how to unjam them in a hurry. 
You should practice and make sure if you do have to use it that you don't miss your target.
Make sure you have situational awareness before using any weapon... 

Those bullets keep going no matter how much you don't want them to and you never know what is 300ft down you line of sight. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Hey cybrhick:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:46:52 AM »

I'll let Steve tell it.  It's his story.  Since I don't do social media, and since I don't do email at home or on my "smart" phone (which is actually incredibly stupid, in my opinion), I used TXR to pass on the statute he needed to answer his question.  Not a big deal. 
02 1800C

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal