Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 H-D Ultra Classic vs. Victory Vision  (Read 2751 times)

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
2008 H-D Ultra Classic vs. Victory Vision
« on: January 16, 2008, 01:49:03 PM »

Pretty interesting read: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5767&Page=1

They actually liked the Victory better than the Harley.
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: 2008 H-D Ultra Classic vs. Victory Vision
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »

I just can't seem to embrace that Vision. Too dramatic of a styling change. Reminds me of the Prius design vs other of the time. Too futuristic.

Too each his own.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »

I saw the Vision in person at the bike show and sat on it.  I really liked it.  They were doing some test rides and a few on here got to ride it.  It's so different that it's bound to shake things up a bit.  After seeing it, I like the Vision better than any Harley tourer option, but that's just my opinion.
Chunk the llama.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »

They're both air-cooled.
02 1800C

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 02:47:52 PM »

I rode tested the Vision and I really like it, it has alot of power and the bike has no vibration at idle, depending on what options the bike has, it will cost you more than the Ultra.  It is a fine machine, I also like it better than the ultra.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »

I've never seen it in person, so based on those comments, it must look better than in the pictures.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »

I've never seen it in person, so based on those comments, it must look better than in the pictures.

In my case is not the looks of the bike, but more how it felt on the test ride... I did ride it for more than 30 minutes and I knew I could ride it all day long...  :)  then again I think I could ride just about any bike all day long...  ;)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 09:38:22 AM »

Have seen it in person and it does look much better in person and have seen the same one twice.Its a look that grows on you and really love the look and would buy one  of the Victorys over the Harley.Actually the gentleman that had the bike traded in his Harley for the Vison after a 30 min test run.
Alvin,Texas

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »

I've told you about my buddy that works for Polaris. I saw a Vision live in Austin last Sunday, and we chatted about it later that day. He asked me my opinion, and I told him it's not for me. He said the feedback has been totally polarized; either you love it or you hate it. I'm in the latter group, but that class of bike doesn't appeal to me anyways...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »

I've told you about my buddy that works for Polaris. I saw a Vision live in Austin last Sunday, and we chatted about it later that day. He asked me my opinion, and I told him it's not for me. He said the feedback has been totally polarized; either you love it or you hate it. I'm in the latter group, but that class of bike doesn't appeal to me anyways...
That's what I've heard as well. My BroNlaw is retired from General Motors. He used to head up a design team for the Cadillac division. They design vehicles 10-15 years away, and they have to walk people down the path to their future designs. Some are to radical for the consumer to conceive. Even the Prototypes are only 2-3 years in advance.
IMO the Vision is just that, a Vision. Victory took a chance to see what would happen. Pretty gutsy. I'm surprised that a fledgling division from a major company like Polaris would take that chance.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 11:51:39 AM »

I test rode a Vision and really liked it. It had good power and handled like a much lighter bike. It does look much better in life than in pictures. It was extremely comfortable, moreso than my Valkyrie Interstate. The price listing I was given puts a loaded Vision with all the bells and whistles several thousand less than a comparable harley. Dislikes... it's oil cooled but still puts out a lot of heat, not as much as the Ultras I've ridden, while it had quite a bit of juice (and a 6th gear overdrive) it still didn't have as much as my Valkyrie or X.

Jack

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal