Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Your ROT opinion  (Read 6291 times)

UncleMike

• Rider
  • Plano, TX
Re: Your ROT opinion
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 07:14:41 PM »

This was my third and likey last ROT ( at least for awhile).  No better, no worse that the previous ROTs.  Therein lies the problem. ;)
Ride Safe and Ride a lot!
-Mike

Bigin

• Rider
  • Rockwall, Tx
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 09:41:56 PM »

This was my second ROT and my wifes first.I'm with RD, 2 are plenty in a life time.I did enjoy both concerts, Paul Rogers was fantastic 8)
The best thing was the ride down and back, plus out to Fredricksberg.Over 900 miles this weekend.My wife and I desided that we are going to different rallys each year, thinking Four Corrners is the next one.

Greg (beter known as Bigin)

2004 1800 NEO Black Spec 2, Honda Windshield, Mustang Vintage Wide Touring, Tall NEO Backrest, River Road Saddlebags, H&M Instruments Speakers, Cobra Fatty Highway bars

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 11:51:13 AM »

Yeah it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. Some cool bikes, some (very few) hot girls, and the parade is the only good thing I can speak of. Other than that I could have saved the $45.00 and just went for a nice hill country ride w/ family and fellow bikers.
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

Dallas Retro

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 10:29:03 AM »

Well... the Lone Star rally (in Galveston) is coming up in October; It's big, it's free, and it won't be so blasted hot!!   8)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 11:28:26 AM »

Well... the Lone Star rally (in Galveston) is coming up in October; It's big, it's free, and it won't be so blasted hot!!   8)

November, http://www.lonestarrally.com/ They kept the same time as last year. Probably due to Hurricane season.
This has become the unofficial 2nd Tx X Riders rally. Bigpro has put together a great M&G in Seabrook, and over the last couple of years the attendance has grown to almost 80 people. This is a great time, and a great rally.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Todd

• Tejano
  • HA HA Avatar works! (now if I'd only update it)
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 04:05:28 PM »

See y'all at the Lone Star Rally again (if I get a place to stay again). Hint hint. ;) ;) ;)

Todd
Swing the Swappers!

Pokins

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 10:36:13 PM »

This was my second ROT and it won't be my last.  The rest of you guys must be really old farts :)

I camped out this year and had a blast !  My club had a nice area blocked off for us and it was all about spending time with my "brothers and sisters" and having a good time.

This year was missing something - Pee Wee Herman - where were you man ?

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »

;D
Bryan   .5%er

Mario Andretti

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 08:46:29 PM »

;D ;D ;D  It's getting harder and harder to shoot up things down by the river, we are running out of the free things that made us....that is sad :'( :'(, all the rebels are being domesticated by the political do righters, I was born to late and I refuse to cow down/but ya gotta watch what you say!!!You really don't have freedom of speech, unless you are one the "right" side. O0 O0   Too many milksops turning in this world......It's getting harder and harder to be a real man, we have to give the contracts to women and minorities, I wonder if this will hold when we will be minorities!!

Whoo oohh, opened this up!!!!!!  Texas/Georgia/Boy
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »

Huh??  :-\
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 09:18:02 PM »

Wayne I agree!! Years ago when I was in college and could not spell I wrote a paper that asked HOW  MANY GENERATIONS AFFERMITIVE ACCTION HAD TO BE IN EFFECT TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD.... How mach is enough and when we ( middleaged white males ) become the minority will we have the law on our side!!!! TOO LATE FOR ME!!!! In New York where the minority is soon to be the majority they are going to vote in payment (comp) for SLAVE SYNDROME and who will pay for that!!!!!! :D :D :D :D O0 O0 O0    HOW DID THIS GET ON THIS THREAD??????????
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:24:52 PM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Rallyrunner

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 10:24:47 PM »

I'm with you Pokins. If you didnt have a good time at ROT, you aint doing it right. My wife and I took our toybox camper and stayed on site this year. This changes things. If you ride in, you are either stuck on site sweltering or riding back and forth to the hotel to cool off.  Either way, by the time the good stuff gets started you are tired and gone.

Maybe it just depends on what your looking for but if its "guns and girl, bike and beer", ROT has it all.  Some of the vendors are the same - but they are at EVERY rally - but the prices are lower because their rental is less (due to entry fee) and you can get some great deals.  And if y'all missed the hot women you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  After dark, when the onsite parade starts going full speed - there's enough women to break your bank on beads.

I wish they had more big name builders but that is about the only complaint I have.  I also wish that Hard Rock Roadhouse would have hired some better dancers....but the girls tried real hard.  The A/C in the areana is always nice. 

We make many texas rallys and ROT and NTRR are the best. We live close to galveston and are board to tears with Lone Star but  it so close we still go. 

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 01:49:16 PM »

This was our first R.O.T.  and we had a great time and do plan to go back next year.Saturday night was wild and crazy but thats what makes it so much fun and did meet lot of nice people.  :).Its like everything else its what you make it in the end.Although I must admit Austin sucks for traffic lol.
Alvin,Texas

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 09:12:59 PM »

;D ;D traffic will change when they implement the "toll roads"..(progress) at our cost.... :'(
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 01:35:50 PM »

What does this mean? :-\
;D ;D ;D  It's getting harder and harder to shoot up things down by the river, we are running out of the free things that made us....that is sad :'( :'(, all the rebels are being domesticated by the political do righters, I was born to late and I refuse to cow down/but ya gotta watch what you say!!!You really don't have freedom of speech, unless you are one the "right" side. O0 O0   Too many milksops turning in this world......It's getting harder and harder to be a real man, we have to give the contracts to women and minorities, I wonder if this will hold when we will be minorities!!

Whoo oohh, opened this up!!!!!!  Texas/Georgia/Boy
Bryan   .5%er

Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal