Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Youth weekend  (Read 1905 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Youth weekend
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:06:34 AM »

Well my grandson had his chance at a REEEEEEALY good buck! That would have been his first buck. It was a mature deer with a real good rack, with 5 points pluss a kicker of the g-two on the right side, not sure about the left. MISTED LOW!!!! We saw a number of bucks and prob. 30 does, I let him take a doe Sunday afternoon, and he made a perfect heart shot. I guess he had BUCK FEVER! well maby next year.... O0 O0 O0 :'( :'( :'( I will leave Wed. for a month at the deer lease... Keep the rubber down.... O0
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 02:45:33 PM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Dusty

Re: Youth weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »

You want my address so you can ship me some venison sausage?  ;D ;D ;D

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:55:20 PM »

Thanks Jerry! But I do like being 5 miles from a paved road, the cell phone won't work unless I drive about 20 miles, and it is quite! I do have an old camper with heat and cool and satalite TV. I see people once in a while. Ride Safe. O0 ;D :D ;) 8)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »

good luck on the hunting lease, be careful, especially if your going alone. where abouts you hunt?
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:31:04 AM »

good luck on the hunting lease, be careful, especially if your going alone. where abouts you hunt?

In the woods, DUH!!! ;D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 09:00:58 AM »

I hunt in Steling County Jeremy. In the woods ;D ;D ;D! sgtstever I'll be glad when the pumpkin is gone ;D ;D :D ;) That thing CRACKS me up. I think I knew her ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 11:58:34 AM »

There is a reason that there is a towell on that ottaman........and I don't want to know why.

Texasheat

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 08:15:40 PM »

goodluck VTreX I am actually hunting in Oklahoma , blackpowder...shot a doe on opening morning, now I got meat for the freezer I am horn hunting....Had another doe 10 yards from me tonight but still no horns...I hope you have better luck than I have so far....   :-X O0

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 10:30:40 PM »

goodluck VTreX I am actually hunting in Oklahoma , blackpowder...shot a doe on opening morning, now I got meat for the freezer I am horn hunting....Had another doe 10 yards from me tonight but still no horns...I hope you have better luck than I have so far....   :-X O0
  Thanks for the good luck wish and same to you!!! O0 O0 Today at lunch there was a doe in my food plot at my house. And as watched a nice nine point came out and would not leave her, early heat!!!!  I'll be taking my time I have 2 months to hunt and only allowed one trophy buck on my lease.   O0 O0 ;D :D 8)

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 10:45:28 PM »

In the woods, DUH!!! ;D
oh thats just hilarious steve. now why don't you go an get a piece of that big pumpkin pie you been showing us for the last 2 weeks. better hurry before it goes bad!!!!! ;D ;D ;D O0
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

;D ;D  To late, it's already KIMCHEE !! O0 O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:28:35 AM »

:) Good luck, Kenny!  Be careful. Like Dusty said, extra sausage is good!
Need help let me know!!? O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

galpd320

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »

Got my second buck ever earlier this year. An 11 pointer that scored 145 Boone and Crockett. I now have a freezer full of sausage, backstrap, and hamburger. My first buck scored 123 last year... I have to continue the trend next year!  :o
Apologies for the poor cell phone pic.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal