Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: eBay Seller Warning - getcycleparts  (Read 1672 times)

WB5TTY

• Trailer Queen
  • I get to park by the front door!
eBay Seller Warning - getcycleparts
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:05:09 PM »

Seller's Name: Juan Carranza
Seller's Email: getcycleparts@gmail.com

I ordered and paid for VTX1800F engine guards from getcycleparts off of eBay. 10 days have past and no delivery. I have tried to contact seller by email 3 times with no reply. A complaint and negative feedback have been filed with eBay. Listing claimed 3 in stock so there should be no backorder!

Be informed and aware.

Anthony
VTX1800F2

UPDATE.......

Got money back VIA PayPal.  I never did hear from the seller.

Anthony
VTX1800F2
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:12:48 AM by WB5TTY »
Anthony
07 VTX1800F2
Temple, Texas

DEMON

Re: eBay Seller Warning - getcycleparts
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »

if you paid with paypal you can get your money back

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:59:30 PM »

That sucks. been there. good luck
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »

Yes, if you paid with paypal, you will get your money back.  Been screwed over once or twice on eBay, it happens, but between eBay and paypal, they ALWAYS took care of me.  Best of luck to ya.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 10:21:12 PM »

I hate to disagree, but just because you pay with paypal does NOT mean you WILL get your money back.  PayPal may TRY to pull money out of the associated account for you, but if there's no money there, they won't give you your money back.  Just saying.  Good luck with the guy.

Your seller does have a very positive feedback rating, with just a few problems it looks like.
My now long gone VTX...

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:10 PM »

pay pal will reimburse you if the item being sold was sold under the buyer protection program. you can read about it on pay pals website. I've been down this road twice, on the original ad it will say buyer protection on the right side of the screen. check for this when buying. Pay pal does not get the money from some random account, it comes from them. it's a form of insurance they provide for their customers. after reimbursing the buyer they take active steps to get the money back from the seller. read up on paypals services, both times it happened to me i had my money back within a couple of weeks. good luck.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

DEMON

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »

pay pal will reimburse you if the item being sold was sold under the buyer protection program. you can read about it on pay pals website. I've been down this road twice, on the original ad it will say buyer protection on the right side of the screen. check for this when buying. Pay pal does not get the money from some random account, it comes from them. it's a form of insurance they provide for their customers. after reimbursing the buyer they take active steps to get the money back from the seller. read up on paypals services, both times it happened to me i had my money back within a couple of weeks. good luck.

+1  I got a helmet from a guy in California, after I send him $550.00 he was no where to be found, I paid with paypal, after a week of unanswered calls and not returning my emails and messages, I contacted paypal and made a complaint, the day after I made the complaint the guys wife called me bitching at me for what I have done. She said that paypal took the money out of their account making it go negative, she said that she didn't have the funds there so she was on the whole almost $500 plus some overdraft fees that she was going to be charged, I told her that I had no control over that, all I did was buy a helmet and paid for it... The guy finally called me and gave me a tracking #  4 days later the helmet arrived and it was just as descrived.  At that point I contacted paypal to let them know it was ok to pay them back.

:)

tejasx

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »

Good luck with that, I bought a cover from an X rider in Florida, the part was damaged and not by shipping.
The seller refused to make it right and  Paypal declined the claim.

DEMON

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 12:17:55 PM »

Good luck with that, I bought a cover from an X rider in Florida, the part was damaged and not by shipping.

lesson gto be learn... don't trust an X rider...    :stickpoke:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »

lesson gto be learn... don't trust an X rider...    :stickpoke:

lesson gto be learn --- when oh when will you ever get the English thing down  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

mmc3673

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »

probably he will get it down once they quit changing textbook words  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal