Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: They Cut My Britches Off  (Read 6267 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
They Cut My Britches Off
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:18:34 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
Re: They Cut My Britches Off
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »

I know just where he's coming from. When I had my accident in January the first thing those EMT's did was cut my leathers off. Only problem for me though was I'm sure my drawers looked real good from the dye in the leathers cause I'd been riding in rain for over thirty miles in an absolute down pour without rain gear. But I don't remember any of it except the leathers getting cut on. Didn't bother them how much they cost!!!!
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »

This guy is very funny.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »

Thank you................funny fella
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 02:07:14 PM »

That was great!
2007 1800N Charcoal

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »

I know just where he's coming from. When I had my accident in January the first thing those EMT's did was cut my leathers off. Only problem for me though was I'm sure my drawers looked real good from the dye in the leathers cause I'd been riding in rain for over thirty miles in an absolute down pour without rain gear. But I don't remember any of it except the leathers getting cut on. Didn't bother them how much they cost!!!!

You cannot treat what you cannot see.
I was on the ambulance for 15 years (now behind a desk).  I had a guy get really pissed at me once for cutting off his $1200 cowboy boots.  Turns out, he had a pretty nasty open ankle fracture.

He was drunk, and being a real bastard.  He was more pissy about his vette being wrecked than he was about his girlfriend (half his age) being equally wrecked.  I snickered a little when I cut his boots and fancy silk shirt.  Normally, I would try to cut cowboy boots down the seam so they can be re-sewn.  Nope...not this guy.  I cut them right up the middle almost to the toe.  I justified it because of the obvious deformity to his ankle, but I did get a little pleasure from it.
2005 VTX 1300C

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 04:06:43 AM »

I was on the ambulance for 15 years (now behind a desk).  I had a guy get really pissed at me once for cutting off his $1200 cowboy boots.  Turns out, he had a pretty nasty open ankle fracture.

He was drunk, and being a real bastard.  He was more pissy about his vette being wrecked than he was about his girlfriend (half his age) being equally wrecked.  I snickered a little when I cut his boots and fancy silk shirt.  Normally, I would try to cut cowboy boots down the seam so they can be re-sewn.  Nope...not this guy.  I cut them right up the middle almost to the toe.  I justified it because of the obvious deformity to his ankle, but I did get a little pleasure from it.
I knew you guys got a kick out of it!  :t No I understand the reason for doing it. It's still a bummer though. My leg was shattered and I knew they needed to get to it. They cut my boot off too. But at the time I really didn't care. I just wanted the pain to stop. I don't even know if they gave me anything for pain. I was sorta out of it anyway. Insurance paid for new gear so it wasn't that big a deal. Heck I was more worried about my VTX which as it turned out was totalled. Damn it. :P
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:09:32 AM by larry5081 »
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »

I was on the ambulance for 15 years (now behind a desk).  I had a guy get really pissed at me once for cutting off his $1200 cowboy boots.  Turns out, he had a pretty nasty open ankle fracture.

He was drunk, and being a real bastard.  He was more pissy about his vette being wrecked than he was about his girlfriend (half his age) being equally wrecked.  I snickered a little when I cut his boots and fancy silk shirt.  Normally, I would try to cut cowboy boots down the seam so they can be re-sewn.  Nope...not this guy.  I cut them right up the middle almost to the toe.  I justified it because of the obvious deformity to his ankle, but I did get a little pleasure from it.
I knew you guys got a kick out of it!  :t No I understand the reason for doing it. It's still a bummer though. My leg was shattered and I knew they needed to get to it. They cut my boot off too. But at the time I really didn't care. I just wanted the pain to stop. I don't even know if they gave me anything for pain. I was sorta out of it anyway. Insurance paid for new gear so it wasn't that big a deal. Heck I was more worried about my VTX which as it turned out was totalled. Damn it. :P
The patient typically won't get anything for pain in the pre-hospital setting on a trauma call.  Don't want to mask any symptoms.  Sometimes Ativan will be given to ease anxiety, but this is usually when the patient is freaking out and causing himself/herself more harm. 
2005 VTX 1300C

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal