Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Coloradical 09  (Read 22272 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: Coloradical 09
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »

Moved the thread.  Hope you don't mind. O0
Chunk the llama.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »

Registered today, clearance form the big boss. ;D ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

DKJSR49

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

You guys that have been there already, I hear Rushmore is not far. Have any of you been there, I'm thinking about the trip after Colorado before I head back here.
Appreciate any input.  Thanks.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 11:22:14 AM »

Talking with my bro-in-law from Minnesota the other day, told him I'm not flying up to ride a Victory around the upper Midwest again; want to ride the Feejer somewhere. Colorado is a possibility, especially if I could get up there in the near record time Kenny "The SPOT" VtreX got up there last year...

:ohwow:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 03:01:45 PM »

Talking with my bro-in-law from Minnesota the other day, told him I'm not flying up to ride a Victory around the upper Midwest again; want to ride the Feejer somewhere. Colorado is a possibility, especially if I could get up there in the near record time Kenny "The SPOT" VtreX got up there last year...

:ohwow:
Jeff there are some realy good rides... there will be quite a few from Texas (you might not want to hang with ) but they will be there.. We can even go to the races one night this year... O0 O0 O0 :simmadown: :bikerider: :bikerider:  join the Texas "X" Riders on an out of state ride... :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :pot: :pot: :flag:I dont ride that fast.... >:D >:D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »

Jeff...last year Kenny and Pete took murray61 & myself under their wings.  Each day we went by ourselves (4 of us) on our own rides.  Pete & Kenny input the rides into their GPS and away we went.  And it will be cool this year riding out to the racetrack on Friday evening.  I plan on leaving the weekend  before to do some extra riding.  Originally going with a friend to S.D. (Badlands, Sturgis, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood, down thru Devils Tower into Denver), not definite.   After last year, I don't think I will ever get tired of riding the Mt. High.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:13 AM »

I'll keep an eye on this thread... did you guys head there in one day, or two?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »

It can be ridden in one day from Houston, but it will require a day to recover.  So - no matter what, it is a two day trek.  Usually there is a stop in Amarillo, but if you push, you can make Raton and have a short 2nd day.

From Houston to Amarillo, 586 miles.  Amarillo to Denver 420.

Much of the usual route is boring as a 35 year old marriage.  Still some fun spots but they are far apart.
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 08:25:57 AM »

Much of the usual route is boring as a 35 year old marriage.  Still some fun spots but they are far apart.

I take it your wife doesn't subscribe to this forum?

:ohwow: :laugh:
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 08:38:19 AM »

I take it your wife doesn't subscribe to this forum?

:ohwow: :laugh:

You are correct sir!  Although her idea of how far apart the sweet spots are will probably be much farther than mine!!  It's that feelings vs place thing!! :angel:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 09:18:19 AM »

It can be ridden in one day from Houston, but it will require a day to recover.  So - no matter what, it is a two day trek.  Usually there is a stop in Amarillo, but if you push, you can make Raton and have a short 2nd day.

From Houston to Amarillo, 586 miles.  Amarillo to Denver 420.

Pete, as always you are welcome at my home!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :bikerider: :bikerider:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »

The trip through here need not be that bad. There are some good roads, they are not 4 lane and you may not make the best time on some, but on others you can have no traffic, hills, curves, scenery, and very few LEO's. Some just want to get there, others want to enjoy the ride. I'd be happy show off my dismal part of Texas to any wanting to see the 2 lane side of it. There is nothing here that competes with the Colorado Rockies, but we do have things that will leave ya scratching your Cranberries and wondering why. I haven't given this much thought yet, but if there are those who want to do more than get through here as fast as they can, a plan can be arranged.   

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 01:02:08 AM »

Jeff...I cheated and trailered to Amarillo ( had a football camp in Canyon to return to).  I left Amarillo at 11:30 am & pulled-in to the hotel at 7:30.  :thumbup:
I stopped for gas, to put on rain gear, etc.   :bikerider: 
Kenny  :notworthy: was relaxing out front & had a cold drink  :c waiting.  Now thats how an xbuddy represents.  O0  O0   O0  O0
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 06:19:45 AM »

Kenny is a good man, (most of the time)  ....  ;)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »

Kenny is a good man, (most of the time)  ....  ;)
JEFF   JEFF   SOMEONE TOOK YOUR PUTER!!!! >:D >:D >:D ::) ??? :o :o :bikerider: :bikerider: :c :c :simmadown:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal