Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got this in my e mail!  (Read 637 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Got this in my e mail!
« on: January 18, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

So what do you think?? SCAM??  ??? ::)

Attention Craigslist Poster,

My name is Jim Buckmaster, CEO of Craigslist. We have recently partnered with Apple for a one-time promotional event...we are giving away free Apple iPads to randomly selected Craigslist posters. You have been selected as one of our winners for today. We randomly choose numbers to match up with ads posted on Craigslist and your post came up in our latest drawing. All you need to do is click here to go to our site made for this promotion and enter your email to get your free iPad. Simply make sure you enter your email address and we will reserve an iPad for you. That's it!

Congrats on winning a free Apple iPad (valued at $800). In case you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me back. However, you need to claim your free iPad first to ensure one will be set-aside for you before the deadline ends. We do understand that you may possibly see this email after the deadline but we suggest you click here to check out the site and enter your email address to see if we still have yours on hold, which we often-times do because others have not claimed theirs in time.

Thank you for using Craigslist,

Jim Buckmaster
CEO, Craigslist

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Dusty

Re: Got this in my e mail!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »

I don't go to Craige's list but it sounds fishy to me.Especially the last few lines. You need to hurry so you don't miss out but you have a good chance of getting it because others did not claim thiers.
Sort of sounds like there really isn't a deadline but they want your information.  :redcard:

.01 worth,,,, times are tuff

madmax1023

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »

Nothing on Snopes.....but sounds suspicious...

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »

:redcard: Don't do it! http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/phishing
Well the 1st thing that felt wrong is that I don't have a account set up with the e mail I got it in! lol
Just wanted to see what you all thought!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

dlp9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:27:39 AM »

:ohwow: Maxxi Pad maybe to help the bleeding from all the crap you will be getting on you cpu for a little bit.  I love doing those things just to jack with them and number 2 lap is on 3rd hd now.  Ha ha.  Just contact them on an old cpu with a different addy and you will find out how real they are!  It's kind of like the return to sender stamp on the junk mail. :t
Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal