Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need to buy or borrow a front seat for a 1300 R/S  (Read 1254 times)

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
Need to buy or borrow a front seat for a 1300 R/S
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:36:08 AM »

Got my seats in the the guy F'ed the front seat up so its going back to be redone. I'm looking for a seat any seat to borrow till it shows back up here. OR if someones got a stock one sitting around I would like to buy it.

Mark

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Need to buy or borrow a front seat for a 1300 R/S
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:45:25 AM »

I have a spare in excellent shape, give me a address and I send it to you -- u pay shipping.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »

I have a spare in excellent shape, give me a address and I send it to you -- u pay shipping.  :thumbup:

Use big block letters, Mark.  He's old and retired and has trouble reading small print. Like the print on his GPS. Oh, Wait. He doesn't use a GPS.   :pot: :pot:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »

Use big block letters, Mark.  He's old and retired and has trouble reading small print. Like the print on his GPS. Oh, Wait. He doesn't use a GPS.   :pot: :pot:

Here is a pic os gumbo's GPS

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »

Gumbo,
Thank you for the offer. PM sent.

They said the carb needed to be rebuilt because it sat with fuel in it since last July and that's what caused the float to stick wide open and cause the fire. To much gas for the overflow tube and it dumped into the Air Filter and then a backfire....wola flame-on!!!

They rebuild the carb for a 171 and charged 42.50 for 1/2 hour labor on replacing the plugs that they fouled. Yea bend over they got me this time and it will be the last!!!

So I rode the bike home after they jumped my now dead battery and almost no gas since I couldn't stop and put any in. Oh the tow truck driver that hauled the bike down there I found strapped the bike to the flatbed using the handlebars, so the forks slide up 4 inches and started bottoming out soon as I exit the dealer parking lot.

What a DISASTER of a day!!!

Yeah and I have a flight to catch to CA in the morning, think I outta have the wife buy a couple million dollar insurance policy the way my luck is going?
OH AND NOT the worst day this week either...

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »

Did not receive the pm but more than willing to send it to you, love to get it out of the garage.
By the way not retired, got a fricking job when I applied for ss had to call them and tell em not to send the check.
Normal letters are fine, don't need big blocked letters, I'm not as old as luckys lover or Isorg :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »

Sent it out today, Fedex = no worries about shipping

Please pay forward to someone else in need.  :thumbup:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »

Sent it out today, Fedex = no worries about shipping

Please pay forward to someone else in need.  :thumbup:

:thumbup:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal