Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Hangover  (Read 30445 times)

Swampfox

Re: Bluebonnet Hangover
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2006, 06:12:02 PM »

Wow, I just read this thread.  Now I know more what you do did you get what you need you know it's a dream Every time I think of you I know what you do Now I know.....

Do you know what you need
You see it's the dream
Do you know what you need
You see it's the dream of life
Get what you need in a dream last night
And why did you see the light
Every time I think of you
I feel I'm you
Now I know
Now I knew
What you do
(lead guitar)
Every time I think of you
I feel I'm you
Now I know
Now I knew
What you do
Did you get what you need last night
And why could you see the light of God
Alright
I ain't got no more strings

Written for me by Me                                                                                                                                                                                                         The Light        [Copy write Law]   yes it's does

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2006, 09:43:50 PM »

is it OK to assume this is still going on for the weekend of 19th-21st? the wife and i will be in the BAHAMAS the weekend of the 12th-14th. would like to meet up with y'all on saturday morning. just need the particulars. i'll probably have 4 or 5 more bikes with me. let me know. ride safe. 
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

Swampfox

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »

is it OK to assume this is still going on for the weekend of 19th-21st? the wife and i will be in the BAHAMAS the weekend of the 12th-14th. would like to meet up with y'all on saturday morning. just need the particulars. i'll probably have 4 or 5 more bikes with me. let me know. ride safe. 
I'll make a speech at the Houston meet and greet.  I have to go to a West Nile meeting on Sat. the 20 they want my blood to study to learn more about the disease.  I want to ride and meet up someday in the hill country. God knows I do and he want let me down...... :)

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2006, 06:45:32 AM »

Yes this get together is still on.  Give us a call when you get there.  281-432-9317 is my cell.

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2006, 08:20:39 AM »

Ironically, I can see and agree with every ones viewpoints on this.

I was present when the dates were set. From what I remember, the dates 12-14 were discussed, Gay went to get her receipt book and the issue of those dates being Mothers day came up. This was being discussed, Gay was ready to retire for the evening and said...."I will put it down as the 12th-14th, If ya'll change your minds, just let me know". Gay was given the deposit. She was told, "We will get some feedback and get back with you". Obviously, no one got back with her, including myself and there were at least 5 of us present at that time. Very simple very easy, but IT'S A DONE DEAL.
Dates were not discussed again to my knowledge until November 05 when I posted and ask if the 12th-14 were the correct dates. Rd responded yes, but in about a week corrected himself and stated that the Rally would be the 19th -20th which corresponded with the member poll.

Apparently everyone that was in attendance the night we gave Gay the deposit had forgotten to get back with her or like me, assumed that someone else had taken care of it. Hence, Gay kept us at the 12th - 14th. A break down in communication that has caused everyone some grief of one kind or another. It's History!

When the date thing was going strong and RD was out of pocket, I am guilty of doing what Steve has done. Only this was a few months back and I did it thru e-mails with Gay trying to rent the other half of the campground for the 19th-21st and also through emails to the board of directors. I made some pretty strong statements, but, I didn't do it on a public forum. I kept it to emails, pms and telephone calls. When Rd got back, I stopped my campaign and got behind him and the board of directors. BUT, I had already made reservations for both weekends. Totally different situation from what most are able to do or want to do.

I don't think Steve had any intentions of driving a wedge in the group. Or was he trying to pull people away from the BBT3. Like me, he is only trying to salvage peoples weekend who are unable to make the 12th. I'm guilty of doing the same with a few that can't make the 12th. I haven't read where Steve said he was leaving the forum. I truly hope he doesn't because he contributes a lot to it and to others in general.

As for as Tapper choosing to move the thread from BBT to the Ride Forum. Tapper is "The Board" / moderator/ administrator and it's his prerogative to do whatever he pleases. But, he rarely does anything except try to keep it going. As for as I know, he has funded the thing until recently all by himself. I have seen him use great restraint and fair judgement in the past with his administrative duties.

Please don't accuse me of trying to suck up either. I know Tapper only through this board and through working with him on BBT since HIS conception of a BBT1. The BBT is actually the only thing and times that we have ever spoken with one another. Even though I was thinking just like Steve, I have to agree with Tapper about moving the thread to the ride board.

From experience I can tell you it is nerve racking making plans for the Rally without knowing if the funds will be there. Last year was picture perfect and gave us a head start for this year due to RD's great organizational skills and those that helped him. Even with that boost, we will be dang lucky to break even this year not because of a miscommunication or because Steve is being a leader by taking on the responsibility and trying to salvage a weekend for some. It's just the way all the little things have brought us to where we are.

Now, for the heated post that are going back and forth. No good will come of this and it needs to stop. Everyone had and has the good of others in their thoughts when they took the actions they took.
I suggest that someone initiate a telephone call and get the dirty laundry out of the public forum before I'm not the only one accused of not having any social graces.

Be nice, anger is bad for your heart.

Bill

Please refer to Post 69 prior to making any future post related to this subject.  Dusty has calmed the seas of strife and pain for all but the most wicked!!!

Thanks Dusty!!! :-*
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2006, 08:27:19 AM »

:-X
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2006, 01:33:46 PM »

HAVE A HAPPY WEEK :)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2006, 08:17:51 PM »

Kandie and I will leave Thursday afternoon, and should get in to Fredricksburg Thursday Evening. We plan on riding up with two other couples. Talking to some of the group that is going, the plan is to hit the three's on Saturday. Going by the last time I talked to Mr. Ed (Arch), I don't think anything is final. Kandie and I will be staying in the day dream cabins about 5 minutes north of Fredricksburg on Highway 16 and my cell # is 713-291-5921.  :) The last plan I heard was maybe hitting enchanted rock and the north side stuff on friday and the three's area on saturday.

David

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2006, 08:20:19 PM »

3's would be great! haven't been on em' yet. now i just got to keep track of all these cell phone #'s
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »

3's would be great! haven't been on em' yet. now i just got to keep track of all these cell phone #'s

That will be better than the bahamas! Rode the three's for the first time last month and was my best ride in Texas. Met you at the statewide meet in Elgin, and looking forward to seeing ya'll again. My wife, Kandie's cell phone is 713-822-8527. Should be able to find someone with all these cell numbers :)

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »

Dan:

In answer to your question of last night. Talked with Dwight and he's gonna move his birthday ride on the 3's to weekend of the 19th so we'll join yall except during those moments when I want to break loose and  run a little harder.

I plan to ride up Friday night to do the 3's on Saturday, come back Sunday. Dwight may trailer (puss) the same night.

My wife has something else to do that weekend and she may throw a fit that she can't go...so I'm not a lock, but I'll get all teary eyed and say..."Are ya really gonna miss Dwight's birthday jus because ya can't go, really, well okay I guess". If that comes up short I guess I'll have to miss it. :(

As far as any acrimony surrounding the various weekends...I'd prefer to pass on all that at this time. :-X  Maybe yall should rename this weekend  "Bluebonnet Blunder"....Sorry, I couldn't keep myself from doing that. :-X

Oh one more thing,  Jimmy; "Inept" really doesn't connote "clumsy and inefficient" Inept is more...kinda like saying... "done,  as if by a moron"  but you know...is that really so bad....food for thought....LMAO.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 06:15:27 PM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Swampfox

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2006, 07:00:47 PM »

I can't stand it any more all of ya'll change your mind too much  >:( :P 

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2006, 08:11:09 PM »

Well with Becky getting off at 8:00 I need to hear from the northsiders that are going Thursday morning who want to meet for breakfast, and where, sit down or fast food. We can try and meet the southsiders in Giddings at the new Beaver truck stop on the right hand side of the road right as you get into Giddings, at least I think that’s the name of it. From there we can take 21 to Bastrop, to San Marcos, then 12 to 32 to Blanco. Then 281 to 1623, to 1888, to 1376 on to 290 and Fredericksburg. Just an idea, open to suggestions.

Ed

We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2006, 09:33:14 PM »

Dan:

In answer to your question of last night. Talked with Dwight and he's gonna move his birthday ride on the 3's to weekend of the 19th so we'll join yall except during those moments when I want to break loose and  run a little harder.

I plan to ride up Friday night to do the 3's on Saturday, come back Sunday. Dwight may trailer (puss) the same night.

My wife has something else to do that weekend and she may throw a fit that she can't go...so I'm not a lock, but I'll get all teary eyed and say..."Are ya really gonna miss Dwight's birthday jus because ya can't go, really, well okay I guess". If that comes up short I guess I'll have to miss it. :(

As far as any acrimony surrounding the various weekends...I'd prefer to pass on all that at this time. :-X  Maybe yall should rename this weekend  "Bluebonnet Blunder"....Sorry, I couldn't keep myself from doing that. :-X

Oh one more thing,  Jimmy; "Inept" really doesn't connote "clumsy and inefficient" Inept is more...kinda like saying... "done,  as if by a moron"  but you know...is that really so bad....food for thought....LMAO.
Susan isn't going so I won't be trailering. What time are you leaving? I will be able to ditch work early but can't take off the entire day.
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2006, 05:51:09 AM »

Dan:

Susan isn't going so I won't be trailering. What time are you leaving? I will be able to ditch work early but can't take off the entire day.

Around 4pm sounds good. I need to get some work done but wanna beat the traffic out. We can take the HOV at 610 and I-10. Be in fred'burg by 8:30 or 9pm. Where ya wanna stay?

Ps Dwight:

Your Avartar is way too inoffensive. My favorite is "Spunky" the dog.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 05:59:56 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal