Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Hangover  (Read 30544 times)

VTXDEMON

Re: Bluebonnet Hangover
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

From what I can tell, a small group from Houston is going in the 19th.  if you really feel that we cannot share information with each other in this form just say so...  some how this have being blown out of proportion... it seems that you "Tapper" is the only one having an issue with us wanting to have a tech seccion to have our bikes ready for the 19th, us going on the 19th etc.

If you recall, there was a poll made and the dates were verified with the majority of the members as far as when to have the rally... 

WE ARE NOT COMPITING  WITH THE RALLY...  If you are worried about money, there are other ways to go about it.  A simple:

Hey guy, we screw up this years rally, we are in the hole a few hundred dollars, sorry we screw up some of your vacation plans, but can you help us cover the cost???

Is that so hard to say...  I don't think so. 

You probably don't care about me and I'm OK with that, I'm just a memeber of the Houston crew... never made a State meet, probably never will... I have gone to the 1st and 2nd rally (for the second rally I was able to postponed my Honeymon just to be able to go to the rally).  I was planing on going to the 3rd, I can't do it... I hope "your" rally goes well... as for our weekend ride, I know we are going to have a blast... and for the record, since you feel that a handfull of guys and gals from Houston are ruining your rally...  I'M SORRY!!

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2006, 12:33:41 PM »

I dont have any problem with moving this thread, changing the name of Hangover to something else and i understand the reason why...but I really think this is getting blown out of proportion here. I went back and read the entire thread to make sure i wansnt missing something.
i dont see one place where people who have signed up for BBTIII would be pulled away from it, I would love to attent it myself if it were possible.
and I dont see where you are losing any money from people riding the next weekend. in fact we have offered (the group ridding the following weekend) to help meet the potentioal $$ shortage. we are the ones who could not even go, so how do you lose any of my $$? i put in to buy the tee and pin, and i would not have camped in the campground anyway.
what i dont see is anyone "ratcheting up that rhetoric", or anyone saying "Call your friends  incompetent, inept, accuse them of blaming, cheating, being nazis" or I havent seen anyone say, hey, dont go to BBTII that will cost you money, what we are doing is free!
yep, it might have been put in the wrong thread, agreed, but Hick apoligized at least twice for that, offered an alternative to help pay, but yet still gets flamed. thats just wrong IMHO
now i will say to anyone new or considering going to BBTIII
if you have a choice, go to the BBTIII and have a blast, I really wish i could go and meet alot of folks i have only read about. but if it is impossible for you to make it, but are available to come the following weekend, we would love to meet and ride with you. it wont be the same as BBT, no camping out together, no organized BBQ's or food, no roasting marshmellows and singing Kumbya, no tee shirts or pins or other great prizes, it wont be the same. it will be a small group of X riders out for the weekend enjoying each others company and riding the great roads of the hill country.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2006, 01:06:01 PM »

If you don't see people ratcheting up the rhetoric, then you haven't looked very hard.  I can find "inept" and "Incompetent" just a few posts above this one.  I can see where another guy pitched a fit, took his toys, and went home, etc. 

One weekend a year, the club needs undivided attention on one event.  One weekend.  Such a sacrifice.  And it isn't as if I have accused anyone of doing anything wrong either (well, other than overblown rhetoric).  All I've suggested, is that we should all support the club, and try to make the one event they do a year, where financial risk is involved, a success by not pimping competing events.

But one guy is desperate to get his bike fixed for free. Another guy, apparently has decided that what started out as a few buds going riding in the hill country together (since they couldn't make the rally), should in fact be an actual rally itself, and he has the right to advertise it the same way as the club advertises the real rally, and in the same place.

It was just too much to ask I guess, that he say "oh, I hadn't thought of that, I'll just keep it cool on the rides board then".  Nope, just too much to ask.  I think the reason is pretty obvious.  This isn't about a few folks wanting to take a ride anyway, and never was.  It's about one guy wanting to do a rally of his very own.   At least Gabe was honest about his motives.

And once again, just so everyone is clear.  This is *my* opinion. 
Yeah, that Tapper.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »

i got to say that intent and interpataion is miles apart here. and if i am wrong, im wrong my bad.
but i personaly know hick on a day to day basis, he is alot like myself. his intent was never to heard people away from the rally or even make it "his rally" he is not like that at all. he is one of the most giving guys i know. he would give you the shirt off his back if you even suggested it. his orriginal intent (an i know first hand) was to make a bad situation good. we all know there was a problem with the date of the rally, and for some of us who cant change vacation plans after they are put in for, did not want to waste the time taken off. steve knew there were more people like us who had the time, could not make the 12-14th, so the best thing to do after looking forward to the BBT was to get together and have a great time.
he would be the first to say "IF you can make it, go to BBT3" but reality is reality for alot of us, we can not make it that weekend. I think we (the ones who cant make it) do support the BBT3. as far a financial risk, we already covered that, if a need is there, we will help out, no, It will get covered period.
as far a gabe, i dont blame him for wanting help, I have seen him try to wrench, and i will help him get his bike on the road before time to ride, that is what we are all about, helping eachother.
I still dont see any event as "competing" with BBT3. it may fall on the same weekend, but if you cant attend the rally but can come out for an afternoon of wrenching, how is that competition?
you still have my personal support any time i can give it, and i do appreatiate what you do on this board, so dont read this post with attitude in my words, anit meant that way.
peace bro
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2006, 01:38:26 PM »

You're opinion appears to be law on this board and you are so dead set on being right, so there it is. You are right Tapper. See the forest? Probably not - the trees are in the way.

editted to change field to forest. i'm the swampfox of cliches - i can take any 2 cliches and make a whole new one. just ask steve.   ::)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:05:17 PM by cyberchick »
Well behaved women rarely make history

PokerBum

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »

I said the arrangements were inept meaning clumsy or inefficient. They didn't get made for the desired date. I did not say who was responsible because I don't know! Sorry if you misunderstood my comment.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »

You're opinion appears to be law on this board and you are so dead set on being right, so there it is. You are right Tapper. See the field? Probably not - the trees are in the way.

You have me confused with someone else.  I'm not the president, I'm not in charge, and I don't make the rules.  But that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion, and the same right as everyone else here to express it.  Lots of folks here know me well - I call it as I see it. If I'm wrong, tell me why.  But don't expect me to consider snide comments and insults as reason and rationality.  They aren't.

Other than that, I'll resist the urge to respond to your comment in kind.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 02:04:00 PM by Tapper »
Yeah, that Tapper.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »

I said the arrangements were inept meaning clumsy or inefficient. They didn't get made for the desired date. I did not say who was responsible because I don't know! Sorry if you misunderstood my comment.

What you did, was personally insult the man who made the arrangements, and without knowing anything of the circumstances yourself.

A mistake was made, and I don't think it was a member of our club that made it - and I saw it happen.  But we're stuck making the best of it.  Most are trying, some aren't.
Yeah, that Tapper.

PokerBum

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »

What you did, was personally insult the man who made the arrangements, and without knowing anything of the circumstances yourself.

A mistake was made, and I don't think it was a member of our club that made it - and I saw it happen.  But we're stuck making the best of it.  Most are trying, some aren't.

If the original arrangements were not inefficient(not producing the desired effect with a minimum of energy, time, etc) as I stated, please tell me what they were and I will apologize to whoever was insulted.

Dusty

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

Ironically,

I can see and agree with everyones veiw points on this.

I was present when the dates were set. From what I remember, the dates 12-14 were discussed, Gay went to get her reciept book and the issue of those dates being Mothers day came up. This was being discussed, Gay was ready to retire for the evening and said...."I will put it down as the 12th-14th, If ya'll change your minds, just let me know". Gay was given the deposit. She was told, "We will get some feedback and get back with you". Obviuosly, no one got back with her, including myself and there were at least 5 of us present at that time. Very simple very easy, but IT'S A DONE DEAL.
Dates were not discussed again to my knowledge until November 05 when I posted and ask if the 12th-14 were the correct dates. Rd responded yes, but in about a week corrected himself and stated that the Rally would be the 19th -20th which coresponded with the member poll.
Apparently everyone that was in attendence the night we gave Gay the deposit had forgotten to get back with her or like me, assumed that someone else had taken care of it. Hence, Gay kept us at the 12th - 14th. A break down in communication that has caused everyone some grief of one kind or another. It's History!

When the date thing was going strong and RD was out of pocket, I am guilty of doing what Steve has done. Only this was a few months back and I did it thru e-mails with Gay trying to rent the other half of the campground for the 19th-21st and also through emails to the board of directors. I made some pretty strong statements, but, I didn't do it on a public forum. I kept it to emails, pms and telephone calls. When Rd got back, I stopped my campaign and got behind him and the board of directors. BUT, I had already made reservations for both weekends. Totally different situation from what most are able to do or want to do.

I don't think Steve had any intentions of driving a wedge in the group. Or was he trying to pull people away from the BBT3. Like me, he is only trying to salvage peoples weekend who are unable to make the 12th. I'm guilty of doing the same with a few that can't make the 12th. I haven't read where Steve said he was leaving the forum. I truly hope he doesn't because he contributes a lot to it and to others in general.

As for as Tapper choosing to move the thread from BBT to the Ride Forum. Tapper is "The Board" / moderator/ administrator and it's his poragative to do whatever he pleases. But, he rarely does anything except try to keep it going. As for as I know, he has funded the thing until recently all by himself. I have seen him use great restraint and fair judgement in the past with his administrative duties.
Please don't accuse me of trying to suck up either. I know Tapper only through this board and through working with him on BBT since HIS conseption of a BBT1. The BBT is actually the only thing and times that we have ever spoken with one another. Even though I was thinking just like Steve, I have to agree with Tapper about moving the thread to the ride board.

From experience I can tell you it is nerve racking making plans for the Rally without knowing if the funds will be there. Last year was picture perfect and gave us a head start for this year due to RD's great organizational skills and those that helped him. Even with that boost, we will be dang lucky to break even this year not because of a miscommunication or because Steve is being a leader by taking on the responsibility and trying to salvage a weekend for some. It's just the way all the little things have brought us to where we are.

Now, for the heated post that are going back and forth. No good will come of this and it needs to stop. Everyone had and has the good of others in thier thoughts when they took the actions they took.
I suggest that someone innitiate a telephone call and get the dirty laundry out of the public forum before I'm not the only one accused of not having any social graces.

Be nice, anger is bad for your heart.

Bill

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2006, 03:21:41 PM »

I make a move that since this is going nowhere that the madness be stopped........

Besides the popcorn is making my stomach hurt.
'02 C with a few extras

PokerBum

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2006, 03:35:11 PM »

Let me explain it this way so maybe you will understand what I was saying. You said a mistake was made. I said inept arrangements were made. I think we're saying the same thing just 2 different ways! Neither of us said who and no insults were intended. Stop all the spinning.

Dusty

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

It took me so long to type my post that it is way out of sync with the topic. I was going to repost, but then I saw it was #69. I'll stick with that.  ;D

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2006, 03:49:25 PM »

Dusty,

My memory parallels yours, except I recall the 19th being the default day.  But I'll be the first to admit, my memory is an odd thing.  I do agree - it's history.

As to the dustup, I spoke my piece.  But why anyone would take a little mild criticism from me as an reason to make a grandiose exit from the club, is beyond my ken. There's this thing called perspective...

And thanks for the kind words Bill.  But all I've ever done, is put my head down and work.  I recall seeing you do the same on more than on occaision.  Working hard doesn't necessarily make you right, but experience won of it, and perspective gained from it, sometimes do.  Sometimes.
Yeah, that Tapper.

carrington

• Rider
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2006, 04:41:41 PM »

Will most likely ride up just for Saturday.  Can't swing the entire weekend.  Anyone from Austin wan'tin to ride up Sat. let me know.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal