Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Hangover  (Read 30379 times)

cybrhick

Re: Bluebonnet Hangover
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2006, 12:22:41 PM »

I understand that bro, and I'm not accusing you of a nefarious deed.  Ijust think the issue could be avoided entirely, by not referring to it as an "event".  It's a private ride, for a few friends that couldn't make the rally.  Calling it a "mini Rally" or naming it, sort of encourages folks to view this as an alternative.

Passing the helmet is a nice gesture, but won't be necessary if we make our numbers.  Y'all are good ol boys, and no one's arguing that.  I'm just asking you to put your energy and efforts into promoting the rally itself, even if you can't make it, for the good of the club.  Now, we've got y'all advertising a thing the weekend after, and another group that wants to do a tech session.  If you were someone who'd only been here a year, what would you think?

That damned reservation.  I swear by God, we scheduled that for the weekend after Mother's day.  I was sitting right there when RD paid her too.  How it got changed to the 12th, I do not know.  But that wasn't the date we asked for.

Tapper,

Are you asking us to not do this at all? This IS an event that has been posted for quite some time, an IS an alternative to BBT3 for those that could not rescedule at such late notice. It is not a single ride, and a few folks are planning to go BECAUSE they could not change their plans. I don't know how it looks to new members, but the fact is regardless of why, a sceduling snafu was made. Those that still wanted to spend a weekend in the Texas Hill Country, decided we would. And we are trying to make it as much like BBT as possible, not to detract from BBT, but to in fact offer an alternative. Had we not planned this trip, you would have had the same turnout for BBT3. If it's an issue of money, let me know. I will be the first to help out. But don't repremand us for trying to make lemonaid when we were handed lemons. That's really all I have to say. In a way I didn't want to say anything, but still yet, I felt I needed to say something. If it's that much of a big deal, delete this thread altogether.

VTXDEMON

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »

I'm gonna get to make this one as well as the previous one.  For the hangover I'm going it alone though Maria has to get back to work.  Does anyone need a bunk mate for the weekend.  The cheaper the better...  No shithole of a motel is to shitty for me.  If you have room or need a roomie to cut costs give me a holler 

281-432-9317

Brian

I'll need a place to stay of you have room for me...

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2006, 04:17:31 PM »

I'll give you a shout.  I don't have a room but if I have someone to split one with I can see what I can come up with.

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2006, 06:58:45 PM »

Don't know about anybody else but I have already registered for BBT, just to support the rally, and I wanted the shirts and pins. Becky is also going to register for the same reason. I hope this isn’t going to be a problem, not trying to generate any more confusion than there already is.

Ed
We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »

this is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
it was impossible for me to attend the mothers day ralley but got excited about the follow up (orriginal date posted from way back) when it became possible fo me to attend and meet up with some of the other riders that could not make the moved date of the BBTIII. and now asking us to "keep it quite boys" so you wont draw others from the orriginal moved date ralley, and dont post it anywhere close to, or even call it anything close to BBT just hits me wrong. this was not planned to compete with, but was an oppertunity for the rest of the group that could not attend the screwed up date BBT to get together and meet and ride together. now it seems like we are being accusted of taking money away from BBTIII, what money? Ill be happy to help out if you need to overcome a $$ shortfall for a schedule screwup if needed. but dont treat us like red headded step children when it was not our fault someone didnt get dates in writting with a confirmed reservation.
and just to let you know i have deleted half this post out of respect for the leaders (??) of this group.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2006, 08:01:03 AM »

I thought he said delete this thread, not him :o

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2006, 08:02:15 AM »

Also the eye roll keeps giving me a smiley face.

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2006, 09:06:26 AM »

Sounds good to me!! I will just go with the flow. Another guy that I ride with ( MiniCop) says he will go down with us. So 3 VTXs on the road. Say 5 am?? lol Just kidding anytime is good. Chad

We can shoot forsome time between then & 7 if you like - it's all about the eating for me - just incase you didn'tm pick up on that - forgot Future X will be following down later in the after noon.  Will be getting together with him later over draught and brat's to plan it out.  If I can get enough advanced notice I'll send you and invite (if not too far) would like to get the families together for a chance to know each other.
  Sounds good to me. Any afternoon weekend will work.
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Xlr8

• Tejano
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

Steve

Steve (Cybrhick) in his displeasure over rules and interference into peoples lives removed himself in protest, Tapper did not remove him.
Well it's time to either get busy livin, or get busy dyin....Andy Dufresne- Shawshank Redemption

Don't be afraid of failing at something that matters, be afraid of succeeding at something that doesn't matter.

RedDragon

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »

Steve

Steve (Cybrhick) in his displeasure over rules and interference into peoples lives removed himself in protest, Tapper did not remove him.

Thanks

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2006, 09:23:57 AM »

:) :)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »

I don't get the big problem but I"m not a big conformer to rules a lot of the time - or authority. ;) But I really think if this was as big of a problem as it seems it's become w/ some people - it SHOULD have been brought out when this all happened. The BBTHangover thread was in the BBT forum on the old board. When this board was put up - the hangover thread was put in the BBT forum. NOW it's a problem? Personally, it seems like some people got their panties in a wad b/c they aren't getting the turnout they expected and are shifting blame to the wrong area. Or maybe they are worried about the hangover rally getting more attendance? Maybe if the dates had been accurate in the first place OR EVEN verifed at a more appropriate time, none of this would have happened. But it did happen and now people are trying to make the best of it. No one is trying to take away from the BBT in any way shape or form.   ::)
Well behaved women rarely make history

PokerBum

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »

I understand that bro, and I'm not accusing you of a nefarious deed.  Ijust think the issue could be avoided entirely, by not referring to it as an "event".  It's a private ride, for a few friends that couldn't make the rally.  Calling it a "mini Rally" or naming it, sort of encourages folks to view this as an alternative.

Passing the helmet is a nice gesture, but won't be necessary if we make our numbers.  Y'all are good ol boys, and no one's arguing that.  I'm just asking you to put your energy and efforts into promoting the rally itself, even if you can't make it, for the good of the club.  Now, we've got y'all advertising a thing the weekend after, and another group that wants to do a tech session.  If you were someone who'd only been here a year, what would you think?

That damned reservation.  I swear by God, we scheduled that for the weekend after Mother's day.  I was sitting right there when RD paid her too.  How it got changed to the 12th, I do not know.  But that wasn't the date we asked for.

I've only been here for a year and here is what I think. If the dates for BBT III had not been screwed up, this would not be an issue, Period. That being said, trying to appease those who made reservations/plans to meet on the ORIGINAL BBT III dates should not be misconstrued as a competing event, an alternative to BBT III or an attempt to put the whole "club" at risk (whatever that means), but merely trying to salvage a weekend (thanks cyberhick) that was intended to be spent with the group! The fact that we are coming together for a common purpose in itself is considered a "rally" not just a private ride. Any attempt to blame the "Bluebonnet Hangover" rally for not "making your numbers" is flat out irresponsible! Those going on the original dates should not be held responsible for the inept arrangements for the BBT III because we wanted to be there.
Thanks for asking.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2006, 10:52:16 AM »

I understand that bro, and I'm not accusing you of a nefarious deed.  I just think the issue could be avoided entirely, by not referring to it as an "event".  It's a private ride, for a few friends that couldn't make the rally.  Calling it a "mini Rally" or naming it, sort of encourages folks to view this as an alternative.

I've only been here for a year and here is what I think. If the dates for BBT III had not been screwed up, this would not be an issue, Period. That being said, trying to appease those who made reservations/plans to meet on the ORIGINAL BBT III dates should not be misconstrued as a competing event, an alternative to BBT III or an attempt to put the whole "club" at risk (whatever that means), but merely trying to salvage a weekend (thanks cyberhick) that was intended to be spent with the group! The fact that we are coming together for a common purpose in itself is considered a "rally" not just a private ride. Any attempt to blame the "Bluebonnet Hangover" rally for not "making your numbers" is flat out irresponsible! Those going on the original dates should not be held responsible for the inept arrangements for the BBT III because we wanted to be there.
Thanks for asking.

Consider the possibility that the leadership is probably taking the only course of action they can under the circumstances.  It is distasteful and very difficult.  Hopefully, everyone will come to understand that the monstrous hurdle in front of the leadership can be stated in TWO words.

1.  Lawyers
2.  Liability

It sucks and it hurts all of us.  Damn the "L" words. >:(

Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2006, 11:02:05 AM »

That's it boys, keep ratcheting up that rhetoric.  Call your friends  incompetent, inept, accuse them of blaming, cheating, being nazis, just whatever you need to do, to assuage yourself that some huge injustice is being perpetrated on poor pitiful you.  As long as you're at it, why not let your self-righteous indignation drive you to create a nice big schism in the club too.  That'll show em.  Because you've been mightily wronged here, and it's extremely important that you be able to advertise your event in the Bluebonnet Forum.  It's worth destroying friendships over, it's just that important.

Tapper, who is not the President of this club, and is speaking only for himself, has dared point out that advertising a personal event which competes directly with an official club event, and might lure people away from that event, is probably a bad thing for the Club.

You can rationalize it all you want to, but the simple fact remains.  When you post up an event in the BBT forum saying "hey - come to our hangover.  Its in the same place, we're doing the same rides, and it's free, and won't cause you mothers day problems",  you're trying to lure people away from the Club's actual event.  You know, the one we spent $1K putting up a deposit for at the campground, and the one we still owe money for the balance, catering, etc.  Yeah, that one.

Has anyone said you couldn't go ride that weekend?  One single person?  Answer me this - if it's just a few guys getting together for a ride because they couldn't make the BBT, then why do you need to advertise it in the BBT forum?  Why do you need to advertise it at all?  Why are you trying to attract more people, knowing that the Club needs everyone it can get to attend the actual official club event?  Please explain how you are being harmed here?

Yeah, that Tapper.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal