Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Hangover  (Read 29371 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Bluebonnet Hangover
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »

Sounds good to me!! I will just go with the flow. Another guy that I ride with ( MiniCop) says he will go down with us. So 3 VTXs on the road. Say 5 am?? lol Just kidding anytime is good. Chad
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2006, 01:22:32 PM »

If any others want to ride down from the Dallas area on the 18th Thursday just PM me and will see about meeting up for a ride down to the Hill Country. Later,  Chad 8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 03:17:19 PM »

I'm gonna get to make this one as well as the previous one.  For the hangover I'm going it alone though Maria has to get back to work.  Does anyone need a bunk mate for the weekend.  The cheaper the better...  No shithole of a motel is to shitty for me.  If you have room or need a roomie to cut costs give me a holler 

281-432-9317

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

cybrhick

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »

I'm gonna get to make this one as well as the previous one.  For the hangover I'm going it alone though Maria has to get back to work.  Does anyone need a bunk mate for the weekend.  The cheaper the better...  No shithole of a motel is to shitty for me.  If you have room or need a roomie to cut costs give me a holler 

281-432-9317

Brian

Be sure to look in your mirrors. ;D

We're glad you're coming.

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »

281-432-9317

Brian

Be sure to look in your mirrors. ;D

We're glad you're coming.

I'm glad to be coming as well:D  I'll get to ride the bike there and back the hangover weekend but have to trailer to BBTIII
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 04:48:18 PM »

Might try to make both - at least ride out there for the day. Won't know until that week because of work.
Hope y'all don't mind a newbie. I will keep checking the post for a schedule.

Brent
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

cybrhick

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »

Might try to make both - at least ride out there for the day. Won't know until that week because of work.
Hope y'all don't mind a newbie. I will keep checking the post for a schedule.

Brent

We're all newbies now. ;D

Swampfox

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006, 05:28:03 PM »

Hey while your out riding your X can I use your room and take a nap? ;D

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 05:56:19 PM »

1 day 1 hour and 11 minutes online already, yes you need a nap!

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

cybrhick

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »

1 day 1 hour and 11 minutes online already, yes you need a nap!

;D

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »

Sounds good to me!! I will just go with the flow. Another guy that I ride with ( MiniCop) says he will go down with us. So 3 VTXs on the road. Say 5 am?? lol Just kidding anytime is good. Chad

We can shoot forsome time between then & 7 if you like - it's all about the eating for me - just incase you didn'tm pick up on that - forgot Future X will be following down later in the after noon.  Will be getting together with him later over draught and brat's to plan it out.  If I can get enough advanced notice I'll send you and invite (if not too far) would like to get the families together for a chance to know each other.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2006, 02:00:13 AM »

I moved this post tonight, and I'll tell you why.

I sure understand the disappointment of the original posters not being able to attend the rally, but when you post up a competing event, and offer it as an alternative to the rally, by naming it Bluebonnet hangover, you're putting the whole club at risk of not making our numbers, and ending up not having enough money to pay our bills when we settle up at the end of the rally.  That means some of us are gonna have to cough up the cash out of our own pockets to cover the shortfall.

I sure wish you'd come to the rally, and if you can't, I'm going to miss you, and I mean that.  If you want to schedule a ride, then more power to you.  But don't advertise it against the event sponsored by the club, or pull people away that might have otherwise attended the event.  We go out on a big limb every year to put on this event, and it won't take much of a disaster to kill it this early on.

The Bluebonnet Thunder forum is for posts about the rally.  This hangover thing, while well intended, doesn't belong in there where it might confuse people and attract them away from the event.  This is just a ride, not an element of the rally.
Yeah, that Tapper.

cybrhick

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »

I moved this post tonight, and I'll tell you why.

I sure understand the disappointment of the original posters not being able to attend the rally, but when you post up a competing event, and offer it as an alternative to the rally, by naming it Bluebonnet hangover, you're putting the whole club at risk of not making our numbers, and ending up not having enough money to pay our bills when we settle up at the end of the rally.  That means some of us are gonna have to cough up the cash out of our own pockets to cover the shortfall.

I sure wish you'd come to the rally, and if you can't, I'm going to miss you, and I mean that.  If you want to schedule a ride, then more power to you.  But don't advertise it against the event sponsored by the club, or pull people away that might have otherwise attended the event.  We go out on a big limb every year to put on this event, and it won't take much of a disaster to kill it this early on.

The Bluebonnet Thunder forum is for posts about the rally.  This hangover thing, while well intended, doesn't belong in there where it might confuse people and attract them away from the event.  This is just a ride, not an element of the rally.

This is for the people who were unable to change their dates to the weekend of the 12th when the actual rally is going to be. So several of us are going to do a mini rally the weekend of the 19th. If anyone is unable to attend Bluebonnet Thunder on the 12th and would like to join us they are more than welcome. We are not trying to upstage the main rally and would never want to. We were just unable to change the dates and still wanted to ride the hill country.

Ed

Sorry if we have caused any confusion Tapper. Again, this is NOT a competing event, but rather a last out for those that were left with no alternative. This is a supplement to BBT3, weather sanctioned or not, and I could be wrong but I don't think we have stolen anyone who had the option to attend the rally. There are a few that will be attending both. This "mini rally" was posted both here and on the old board, and we made sure to very carefully explain that we were in no way trying to upstage BBT3. There is no intention to sever off part of the group or create a rebel faction.;D  Had we had good dates for the rally from the beginning, or been notified of the change earlier, believe me when I say that we would ALL be riding together this year.

cybrhick

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2006, 07:20:01 AM »

For those that will be attending Hangover, and will not be able to make BBT3, I would like to lay a suggestion on the table for discussion. Tapper has stated a concern about meeting financial obligations for BBT3. I do understand that this could be a problem, and while I don't think we are the cause for this, I would like to see if we could help out in the interest of the Texas X Riders. I would like to perpose one of two scenerios.

1. Those that are attending Hangover and not BBT3, could go ahead and register for BBT3. This would supply funds for our financial commitments, and you would recieve a shirt and ride pin.

OR

2. Durring our Saturday dinner at Hangover, we could "pass the helmet" for donations to circumvent our absence at BBT3. Myself, Arch, or PepsX could then make sure that this money is passed on to RD to help with the expenses for BBT3.

If anyone has another option, please feel free to post it. I am only trying to look out for the good of the group as a whole. Please let me know your thoughts.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2006, 08:49:52 AM »

I understand that bro, and I'm not accusing you of a nefarious deed.  Ijust think the issue could be avoided entirely, by not referring to it as an "event".  It's a private ride, for a few friends that couldn't make the rally.  Calling it a "mini Rally" or naming it, sort of encourages folks to view this as an alternative.

Passing the helmet is a nice gesture, but won't be necessary if we make our numbers.  Y'all are good ol boys, and no one's arguing that.  I'm just asking you to put your energy and efforts into promoting the rally itself, even if you can't make it, for the good of the club.  Now, we've got y'all advertising a thing the weekend after, and another group that wants to do a tech session.  If you were someone who'd only been here a year, what would you think?

That damned reservation.  I swear by God, we scheduled that for the weekend after Mother's day.  I was sitting right there when RD paid her too.  How it got changed to the 12th, I do not know.  But that wasn't the date we asked for.
Yeah, that Tapper.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal