Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Hangover  (Read 29374 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Bluebonnet Hangover
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 11:04:15 AM »

Will be there the 18th to the 21st if things go as planned   Chad
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »

Hate I'll miss ya Chad, I'll be at BBTIII the 12-14
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 01:16:10 PM »

Hate I'll miss ya Chad, I'll be at BBTIII the 12-14

thats ok, go ahead and swim with the current
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 11:44:12 AM »

I swim real well ;D
A meeting place would be great on friday or??? :)   Chad
  Sorry about not being to go the 12th Snake will miss you to. : ((
Member since 2004

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 11:50:34 AM »

No rout has been planned yet to Fredricksburg for Thursday. Becky gets off at 8:00 AM from work. Wanted to see if we could meet somewhere on the northside if possible for breakfast around 9 or so and leve from there. We can plan the rout accordingly. Friday Enchanted Rock ride and then to Cooper's in Llano for lunch, and can figure another ride from there. Saturday Medina, Vanderpool, Leakey ride and I think a dinner reservcation has been set up in town for that night. Details to be worked out soon.

Ed

PS Steve got your PM and will get back with you soon, hopefully this weekend.
We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 12:17:23 PM »

I figure the bunch I will be with will leave around 9am or so from the Dallas area. So won't be down there until later in the afternoon on Thursday.   Chad
Member since 2004

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 12:24:12 PM »

No rout has been planned yet to Fredricksburg for Thursday. Becky gets off at 8:00 AM from work. Wanted to see if we could meet somewhere on the northside if possible for breakfast around 9 or so and leve from there. We can plan the rout accordingly. Friday Enchanted Rock ride and then to Cooper's in Llano for lunch, and can figure another ride from there. Saturday Medina, Vanderpool, Leakey ride and I think a dinner reservcation has been set up in town for that night. Details to be worked out soon.

Ed

sounds good to me but, I think the winpy south sidders wanted to leave a bit later, XLR8 was talking about leaveing Pasadena at 10AM

www.pepsX.com

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:31 PM »

That’s no problem; all we need to do is start getting organized in the next couple of weeks, we’re still 3 weeks out yet. We know what day we’re leaving, time and way aren’t that important as long as we get there. That’s what a vacation (time off) is all about, we won’t sweat the small stuff.

Ed 
We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

Xlr8

• Tejano
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 10:00:36 PM »

Ed

sounds good to me but, I think the winpy south sidders wanted to leave a bit later, XLR8 was talking about leaveing Pasadena at 10AM

Let's not go and start talkin crazy.  I was just messin about leavin at 10 a.m.  I'm thinking the Alvin crew and Pati were wanting to leave around 7 a.m.  I guess the real question is whether Mel is going to ride the tribal flamed mood swing or not.  How comfortable she is will set the pace.  I didn't want to blast highways the whole way.  I figure we could meet Arch and the north side crew around Brenham or Giddings on HWY290.  It really makes more sense than us traveling 1 or more hours north then all the way out west.  It's kind of the same issue we presented last year.  So if we head nothwest and the northsiders head west we can meet out there somewhere.  Also we've talked about considering skirting Austin all together and heading south through San Marcos and then out some smaller country roads to avoid traffic for Mel.  That's kind of what's been thrown around so far.
Well it's time to either get busy livin, or get busy dyin....Andy Dufresne- Shawshank Redemption

Don't be afraid of failing at something that matters, be afraid of succeeding at something that doesn't matter.

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 06:20:30 AM »

Let's not go and start talkin crazy.  I was just messin about leavin at 10 a.m.  I'm thinking the Alvin crew and Pati were wanting to leave around 7 a.m.  I guess the real question is whether Mel is going to ride the tribal flamed mood swing or not.  How comfortable she is will set the pace.  I didn't want to blast highways the whole way.  I figure we could meet Arch and the north side crew around Brenham or Giddings on HWY290.  It really makes more sense than us traveling 1 or more hours north then all the way out west.  It's kind of the same issue we presented last year.  So if we head nothwest and the northsiders head west we can meet out there somewhere.  Also we've talked about considering skirting Austin all together and heading south through San Marcos and then out some smaller country roads to avoid traffic for Mel.  That's kind of what's been thrown around so far.

Ahh, thank you Mike! Someone remembered! (my own dh didn't remember the whole "skirting Austin" talk - lol) My tank should be back sometime next week and I've been taking it to work. So - we shall see! I have to go to Houston for a drug test on the 8th - I'll take it then too (if it's back together) - so if I can take it into Houston, I should be fine in Austin! ROFL! Plus, steve said something about me getting together w/ a few more folks for a group ride - so I can *feel the love* before Bluebonnet! ;)

Anyway - y'all plan your fun, I'll be there. But, if Steve and I disappear at some point, it's b/c I've needed to slow it down. I don't want to be the cause of anyone else going slower than they are comfy.

LET'S GO TAKE A RIDE ON MY MOOD SWINGS
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:22:45 AM by cyberchick »
Well behaved women rarely make history

Hearnex

• Rider
  • Hearne, Tx
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »

Put me down for two
2005 1800R

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 06:35:24 AM »

Ahh, thank you Mike! Someone remembered! (my own dh didn't remember the whole "skirting Austin" talk - lol) My tank should be back sometime next week and I've been taking it to work. So - we shall see! I have to go to Houston for a drug test on the 8th - I'll take it then too (if it's back together) - so if I can take it into Houston, I should be fine in Austin! ROFL! Plus, steve said something about me getting together w/ a few more folks for a group ride - so I can *feel the love* before Bluebonnet! ;)

Anyway - y'all plan your fun, I'll be there. But, if Steve and I disappear at some point, it's b/c I've needed to slow it down. I don't want to be the cause of anyone else going slower than they are comfy.

LET'S GO TAKE A RIDE ON MY MOOD SWINGS

I will probably be back with y'all since I will have just gotten off of work at 8am.  WOOHOO tons of fun  :)
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 06:52:18 AM »

I am in no hurry to get there, its the getting there part that makes the trip.
as far a mel ridding in a group, the best spot for noobs (not dissin ya mel) is second or third spot in the group. Im sure she will do fine in a group if she is close to the leader. you dont have to worry about alot of thiings when you are up front.
we can stop as offen as she (or anyone else) want to, we got all day to get there.
I agree the back roads are the better route, and we can meet anytime or anywhere.

www.pepsX.com

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »

I'll be thar with future x brother in law - in tow.

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »

I figure the bunch I will be with will leave around 9am or so from the Dallas area. So won't be down there until later in the afternoon on Thursday.   Chad

We can try to get an earlier launch time if you like Chad - aside from you, me and Future X - I'm not sure who else will be riding down with us.  Depending on route - I know a really good steak house in Austin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal