Upcoming Rally's > Other Rallys

ROT Rally Riding

<< < (2/4) > >>

matap:
1431 from Cedar Park to Marble Falls is a great route.  Definitely one of my absolute favorites.  Try not to pass it up that weekend.  It's quick and you can be back in Austin in no time. 

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: matap on May 11, 2015, 10:29:55 AM ---1431 from Cedar Park to Marble Falls is a great route.  Definitely one of my absolute favorites.  Try not to pass it up that weekend.  It's quick and you can be back in Austin in no time. 

--- End quote ---

I won't.  Since I don't have anyone staying with me over the weekend I am open to do whatever I want.  I am planning on making this a riding trip with the Rally as a side show. 

matap:

--- Quote from: Rocket67 on May 11, 2015, 10:34:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: matap on May 11, 2015, 10:29:55 AM ---1431 from Cedar Park to Marble Falls is a great route.  Definitely one of my absolute favorites.  Try not to pass it up that weekend.  It's quick and you can be back in Austin in no time. 

--- End quote ---

I won't.  Since I don't have anyone staying with me over the weekend I am open to do whatever I want.  I am planning on making this a riding trip with the Rally as a side show. 

--- End quote ---

To add to that you could take Lime Creek Rd which runs North/South adjacent to Lake Travis.  Start from the south end and it will work you up to 1431 near Cedar Park.  Lime Creek isn't a fast route but is pretty nice.  Keeps you off the main highways and busy roads around there. 

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: matap on May 11, 2015, 10:38:00 AM ---

To add to that you could take Lime Creek Rd which runs North/South adjacent to Lake Travis.  Start from the south end and it will work you up to 1431 near Cedar Park.  Lime Creek isn't a fast route but is pretty nice.  Keeps you off the main highways and busy roads around there. 

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll see if I can avoid any major road for an alternative. 

Luckys Lover:
Some of the turns on Lime Creek Road at rated 10 mph for cages. Which led me to believe I could take them at 20mph. This is an error!!!! The 10 mph turns are double backs at the end of a chasm!! And even with a fast Kawasaki 750, they were tough turns to make. Almost as bad as 16 between Kerrville and Medina. But don't take my word for it. Go find out yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version