Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will my X fit in the bed of a pickup?  (Read 1226 times)

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
Will my X fit in the bed of a pickup?
« on: March 09, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »

I have a dilemma.  I am planning on going camping with some old college friends next weekend in Arkansas. 

They want me to ride with them to do some catching up, but I have to come back Saturday night, and they want to stay until Sunday.

Personally, I would rather ride, and do the catching up when we get to the destination, but they want to talk in the car.

Will my X fit in the bed of his truck?  That is the question.  I should have just left it that simple.

'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
Re: Will my X fit in the bed of a pickup?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 12:06:29 PM »

Absolutely O0  good luck lifting it ;)
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »

I have a drop dock here at work.  I can load it.

Getting it off for the return trip will be the fun part.

Of course, I'll be in a campground with about 30 college football buddies.  Hopefully, everybody's backs are still good enough to lift it out.

'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 12:19:42 PM »

Not if it's a short bed.
02 1800C

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »

I went and picked up my 1800C in the back of a 4door Dodge Pickup!! The bed of it is smaller than a short bed and we just left the tailgate down and fit just fine without anything hanging past the tailgate. We put the bike in at an angle and it rode that way for 1500 miles!!  ;D I just took along a 2x10 and used it as a ramp and backed down into a ditch and loaded it up!! Good Luck!!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:01:41 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »

There are 4 of us right now.  The guy has a 4 door truck.  They want to ride together and catch up.

Of course, there are other guys going, and what I am hoping to happen is, we have to caravan up.

I can ride, no problems with lifting the X out when we get there, and, I can get in a 350 mile ride (one way).  700 miles, or more, for the weekend.

Sounds like a deal for me.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »

It will fit in a short bed standard, with the tail gate down. Most 4 door trucks have a dinky bed. I hauled my  03 1800 C home in a short bed truck, The back tire was on the tail gate. I now have a 4 door with a smaller bed, Ford F 150 4wd, just guessing but I don't think it will fit. Even with the bigger bed on the truck, 2 people is not enough. I learned that the hard way, We got'er done, but it was just luck. Don't count on it.           

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 08:24:30 PM »

If you have to leave the back wheel on the tailgate I suggest you put a 2x6 across the bed for it to rest on for extra strength. I've seen a lighter bike fold a tailgate in two after a solid bump.

Jack

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal