Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: WACO LUNCH RUN??? ANY TAKERS???  (Read 6797 times)

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: WACO LUNCH RUN??? ANY TAKERS???
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:11:44 AM »

Hey DFW X-Riders:

Let's meet at IHOP AT 205 E. FM 1382 Cedar Hill.  It's at the corner of  SH 67 / Beltline (FM 1382).  That way no one has to back track to meet. 

How is a 9:00am meet time with a 9:45 KSU?  That gives everyone a big window to get down there.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Cedar+Hill&state=TX&address=205+E+Fm+1382

-Iceman

ponzi

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »

hey folks....  what time are ya'll lookin at being in Hico?  and that leather shop is nice, its called Cody's.  They have all kinds of stuff leather wise.  Are ya'll still looking to make it all the way to Waco?  I am just asking so I can figure out my day also.  Looking forward to meeting some of ya'll.
US Armed Forces....Giving the enemy an opportunity to die for his country...

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:32 AM »

Not sure yet.  I think Hooter and Hobo want to show us some twisties.  I think everyone is really geared up on Hico and the leather shop now.  It won't take us but an hour or so to get to Hico I suppose.  We should be down there by 11:30am at the latest.  I haven't looked at the mileage yet from our meet place in Cedar Hill to Hico.  Come join us in Hico...I'm sure we will do some riding before we head back to the metroplex. 

-Iceman

hostilevtx

• Tejano
  • Crowley Tx
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 08:16:55 AM »

Damn, looks like i will miss this one too, leaving for Singapore in the morning. Wondering if I will ever get to ride with you guys  >:( :'(
In the wind,

Hostile

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »

Not sure yet.  I think Hooter and Hobo want to show us some twisties.  I think everyone is really geared up on Hico and the leather shop now.  It won't take us but an hour or so to get to Hico I suppose.  We should be down there by 11:30am at the latest.  I haven't looked at the mileage yet from our meet place in Cedar Hill to Hico.  Come join us in Hico...I'm sure we will do some riding before we head back to the metroplex. 

-Iceman

No not a lot of twisties unless you want them or nice back country roads. If you want to make it to Waco for lunch or afternoon snack so to say then by the time y'all have posted to leave Hico, (there's a lot of miles between there and Waco) even in a straight line and would probably put people back in to the metro-mess about dark. Ponzi lives down close to Waco and can point some of the way to the place you were talking about eating lunch.

Hey Hooter:

Are you talking about eating mexican food in Hico or Waco?

There's a good Tex Mex there in Hico and they DO serve my favorite food, Miller! It's up to everybody else. Time wise, for yawl, I really don't see Hico to Waco and back to Dallas area achievable in this short period of time for people that want to make the trip. I'm open to suggestions, Hobo, Ponzi and I live in this end of the world and we don't have to ride back to the metro-mess.  If you like, we'll set up a run that I feel everyone will enjoy that may not include Waco if you want to hang in Hico for awhile, we'll get close, but no cigar. I'll run Saturday to check out a place in Tokyo to see if it's still open (TABC closure maybe).
Ice, your the ride master, you tell us what you want and you can bet it will be good and beer stops included. All stops and roads will be enjoyed by you city folks!!!!!!!! Names include the "Horny Toad", "Tokio Bar", "Frog Branch"

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:09 PM »

I do hope that my bike is out of the shop by this weekend, but it doesn't look good. I've found a good guy to work on it but he's got a real job that involves travel and he won't be able to get started on it 'till Friday.  :'(

However, I have alerted the Frogbranch Saloon that there may be X Riders in the area that might be thirsty. Anyone who drops by should tell the bartender, "Lynn" that some hobo sent them and I'll buy their first beer, or whatever their choice of beverage may be. She's not happy that she has to work and can't ride, but she'll appreciate everyone coming by. If I'm not riding with you, I'll probably be hanging out there as well.

Oh yeah, Hooter, Lynn says that if you go by a leather shop, you better bring her something.  ;)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 01:46:54 PM »

I think we will stick to our Hico trip to check out that leather shop and eat some mexican food.  Everyone seems to have taken a liken to mexican food and leather on this trip.  Hooter you can lead the way after lunch and we can hit some backroads for a little while before heading back to the metromess.  If we get down to Hico around lunch time and then hit the leather shop we should have plenty of backroad cruising time before heading back to the metromess.

Hey Hobo,
What bar did you take SouthernXer and I that time we met ya'll in Athens?  We can't make it that far but I couldn't remember the name.

-Ice

ponzi

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 01:58:42 PM »

Names include the "Horny Toad", "Tokio Bar", "Frog Branch

All 3 serve cold beer.  I live about 4 miles from Tokyo and have beer there occasionally.  The Horny Toad in  Cransfill Gap is a nice lil joint not too far from Hico.  Pretty good back road over there from Hwy 6 in Iredell......

There is another spot in West.  Its called KD's smoke house.  I am in this place on my bike 3-4 times a week.  Great food and ice cold beer. From there it aint but 16 miles to Malone down another back road.

To get to any of them from Hico you gotta travel down hwy 6.  Just depends on where you wanna cut off.  Like I said to go to the Toad in the Gap cut off at Iredell.  To go to West cut off at Clifton and back road it all the way, which by the way runs right by the Tokyo Bar.   O0 O0

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »

They all sound good to me.  After lunch and the leather shop we'll let someone introduce us to some backroads we haven't seen and a cold beer along the way.

I'm ready ! ! !  For those who want to ride down together from the north side to the IHOP in Cedar Hill that I posted earlier, holler this weekend and will meet up along IH35E somewhere and ride down and meet everyone else.

972-989-0133

-Iceman

ponzi

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »

Hey Hooter............ what time you rollin out?  Which way you headin out there?  Through Blum over to Walnut Springs and over to 6?

vtx80ci

• Rider
  • Retired Air Force AMMO
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »

hey iceman,

the meet up at IHOP in cedar hill is perfect.   ;)

thanks and see you there.

" You never know when a little C4 might come in handy. " - John Locke

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 05:29:06 PM »

Hey Dale,

Thought you might like that. 

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »

Hey Hobo,
What bar did you take SouthernXer and I that time we met ya'll in Athens?  We can't make it that far but I couldn't remember the name.

-Ice

That would be Candy's Oasis on highway 198 in Caney City. There's another one across the street called the New Moon. They both serve the same kind of beer, ...cold.  O0

My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »

So let me understand this..........Hico??? Mexicam food???....Leather??? HELL WHEN DO WE LEAVE???

Muff

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »

Hey Hooter............ what time you rollin out?  Which way you headin out there?  Through Blum over to Walnut Springs and over to 6?

That's probably it. The only thing I really don't like is 934 from Itasca to Blum, the road suuks. Time wise Me and the ball and Chain will probably leave here about 930 and hit Hico about 11 to 11:15. Can you check out Tokyo Saturday and see what his situation is? If he's not shut down by the TLCB then this would be a nice stop and direction to ride after the HorneyToad. Some GOOD riding roads between the two. If he is shut down then that's no prob because we would probably run that way anyway to hit Malone. We can hit the Frog and drink FREE BEER on Hobo!!!!!!! O0 O0 O0. I'll walk a mile for a Camel and drive a hundred for a free brewski!

hooter2005@sbcglobal.net
Let me know something
Al
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:50:39 AM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal