Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: which 1911A pistol?  (Read 2682 times)

jwise

• Trailer Queen
  • Riding free...
Re: which 1911A pistol?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 11:35:20 PM »

8" groupings at 75 feet... just means you should have picked up your rifle. ;)

8" groups are so-so for shooting a handgun at 50yds, not 25.  My Glock could do it all day long, and it's not exactly known for its accuracy. 

Anyways- it was just a comparison.  You're right, in that it's not THAT big of deal to most shooters. 
J. Wise

2005 Honda VTX 1300 S; Jardine 2 into 2 exhaust, Lindby Custom engine guard, Kuryakyn Iso Grips w/ Throttle Boss, Saddleman bags on Easy Brackets, Memphis Shades windshield, Hondaline lights and chrome trim, Mustang tank and fender bibs.

(___@________]]]~~~~~

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »

There is a gun show at Dallas Market Hall on Saturday - the 29th

Another good place in Dallas is Bachman Pawn & Guns
http://www.yellowbot.com/bachman-pawn-guns-dallas-tx.html

That is double-good advise. I bought a real nice Springfield Officers Model from Bachman at a show in Houston a few years back. They beat everybody else's price by a $100.00!!!

Shop Bachman. They will have one of about everything to get your hands all over. Pick the make and model you want but wait to buy. Then go to the show and see if anybody can beat Bachman's price for the same make/model.

Look for AJC Sport Shop from Clute at the show.
http://www.ajcsportshop.com/shows.html
They might give Bachman a run for your dollar on price. My Sig TTT 1911 came from AJC.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »

I just got me one of these for s**ts and giggles. Out the door for $400...

http://www.gunblast.com/Firestorm-1911Deluxe.htm

I cannot believe how many features this pistol has. From the posted article and review:

While, except for the sights and magazine, the standard version is pretty much GI, the Deluxe features a skeletonized Commander-style hammer, a lightened trigger with overtravel stop screw, a beavertail grip safety, and an extended slide release and thumb safety. The Deluxe also has dovetailed front and rear three-dot sights and a throated barrel, along with double-diamond checkered wood grip panels and slide serrations front and rear. The trigger pull on the sample pistol released at five and one-quarter pounds, and released crisply, with no gritty or mushy feel at all. The gun sits comfortably in the hand, and the beavertail grip safety helps to distribute the recoil. The Firestorm weighs 39.4 ounces with an empty magazine, and the heft also makes the weapon easy to shoot.
The Firestorm comes with one eight-round magazine, and any 1911 full-sized magazine will work in the pistol. The thumb safety and slide release are easy to use by a right-handed shooter, and the slide release is easy to use by a left-handed shooter’s trigger finger, as is the magazine release. The grips are a really good-looking checkered wood, and offer a secure hold on the pistol. The finish is a deep blue-black, and no flaws in the finish were noted. The slide to frame and barrel to slide fit was near perfect, with no discernable play between the parts. The sights are very easy to see, and are of the three-white-dot pattern. They are dovetailed into the slide, and are adjustable for windage correction.

I really bought it to tear down and see how good my metal finishing skills have become, but DAYUM! This is one of the best shooting 1911's I have seen or read about. Of course it is not as nice as the Springfield or Kimber, but you cannot beat this gun for the money. Check it out. O0 O0 O0 O0
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »

8" groupings at 75 feet... just means you should have picked up your rifle. ;)

8" groups are so-so for shooting a handgun at 50yds, not 25.  My Glock could do it all day long, and it's not exactly known for its accuracy. 

Anyways- it was just a comparison.  You're right, in that it's not THAT big of deal to most shooters. 

I was just goofing around.  I don't even own a rifle currently, but love the statement that "handguns are for fighting your way back to your rifle that you shouldn't have set down in the first place."  LOL
My now long gone VTX...

a_driller

• Tejano
  • Ride Safe!
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 06:44:58 PM »

Taurus makes a very nice 1911 gun... Academy has it

Taurus is offering $75 rebate for 1991 models till December 31. Which model would you recommend?
The man who has most toys wins.

Demon

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »

Taurus makes a very nice 1911 gun... Academy has it

Taurus is offering $75 rebate for 1991 models till December 31. Which model would you recommend?

Is hard to say,  see if you can rent one that you may like at the  local shooting range, I know around here there are some places that will rent you a gun and sell you some emmo for you to see if you like it enough to buy it. 

any of these would do for me... 

http://www.taurususa.com/products/gunselector-results.cfm?series=19

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »

You can rent a gun and buy emo's to shoot?  SIGN ME UP!!!
My now long gone VTX...
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal