Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BBT XVI 2019 - Schedule of Events & PSA  (Read 690 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
BBT XVI 2019 - Schedule of Events & PSA
« on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:18 AM »

Hello Texas X Riders, Please take a look at this years Schedule of Events.  These times are subject to change without notice however every effort will be made to advise of said changes should they need to be.  We will mainly use social media outlets as it is easier and faster to communicate in this fashion but will also be mindful of those that do not use social media outlets. 

Wednesday:

11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. : Medina Lake Lunch Ride (weather permitting).  We will meet up at the Pioneer River Resort RV Park 1202 Maple Street, Bandera TX  78003.  Donations accepted for a standard sandwich lunch.  We Leave @ 11:00 a.m. sharp from the RV park

2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. : Registration Check-In @ Paul's RV site (RV# TBD but look for the Pup Pen)

5:00 p.m. - Until you feel like : 11st Cowboy Bar - Steak Night.  This is a bring your own meat to burn.  For a nominal fee (I think $6-$8) they have a salad plate and baked potato with fixings. 
                  Side note:  Wine, beer & soda are sold here.  ***You can bring your own hard liquor BUT no beer, wine or soda***
                  Live music and dancing

Thursday:

9:00 a.m. : Guided Tour Ride - Today's ride will go to Luckenback Post office, Willow City Loop, Enchanted Rock ($7 entrance fee.  Their may be some hiking but you decide what you want or don't want to do), Stonehenge II & then back to Bandera via various routes

6 p.m. - 8 p.m. :  TEX-MEX Dinner @ Pioneer Rec Hall.
                          Ongoing registration check-in
                           Purchase of raffle tickets & 50/50

Friday:

9:00 a.m. : Guided Tour Ride - Today's ride will take you thru the Three Sisters and surrounding.

*****Today's dinner will be on your own but keep posted on those social media outlets as last minute arrangements are typically made to eat out in a group somewhere in town.  *****

Saturday:

9:00 a.m. : Guided Tour Ride - Shorter Ride visiting some local breweries.  About 140+ miles. 
5:00 p.m. : Bike Show - 3 classes.  Bring your A game and get ready to win. 
6:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m. : BBQ Dinner starts
7:30 p.m. : Awards, raffle & 50/50

Sunday:

Rally Ends.  See you the following year!!!

As mentioned before these times are subject to change without notice.  Remember we are here to have a good time not show up for boot camp.  With that said on posted times, please do not get offended if you are left behind because you didn't show up on time and if you did show up on time and the group as a whole decides to wait on someone don't get offended about that either.  No one person is locked in on riding with the group.

Every effort will be made so that those attending a group ride do not get left behind.  The general rule of thumb is we do not make a turn until all are accounted for as to avoid stragglers getting lost.  With that said they aren't that many main roads out here and eventually they all lead to somewhere. 

Cell phone service can sometimes be very scarce so do not rely alone on your phone GPS/maps.  You may be severely disappointed. 

I haven't seen a place in a few years that doesn't take card but still bring some nice fluid cash just in case. 

Because this area caters to bikers, shops and tow services for bikes are not scarce but being prepared never hurts. 

***If you have something of VALUE you'd like to donate to the raffle we greatly appreciate it.  please withhold any items that are just junk to you.  This isn't a swap meet.  Thanks***

***If you have something that is junk to you but feel it is of value to someone else and want to bring it to BBT to rid yourself of it, please make arrangement with that person however you see fit.  You pack it, you store it, you get rid of it.  Do not leave it or bring it to the raffle tables.  Thanks****

If you have not made sleeping arrangements, be it with a stranger or by yourself, I urge you to call right away as riding season is at it's peak around that time and lodging gets booked up quickly if not already.

I have never seen a problem from our group but always be courteous to those at Pioneer RV park.  Many of their guest have been there a while way before us and will be there long after us.  We have always been welcomed back ever since our first visit when they experienced our group for the first time

We are about 1 1/2 months away.  I look forward to seeing everyone. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:53:57 AM by matap »
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

matap

• Board
Re: BBT XVI 2019 - Schedule of Events & PSA
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »

Just bumping back to the top to keep on everyone's radar.  We are 6 weeks out. 

matap

• Board
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:50:33 AM »

Here is your ONE WEEK AWAY reminder!!!!

I'm guessing all who are attending have lodging or some kind of sleeping arrangements.   :stickpoke:

Safe travels everyone and we will see you in Bandera. 

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:21:40 AM »

If somebody doesn't have sleeping arrangements, you can camp in my trailer. It ain't a RV but will keep you out of the weather.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »

Got a cabin at the Flying L ranch.  They have a bar. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »

You won't need a bar, party with us and sleep under the stars!! :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 07:32:22 PM »

we're within walking distance of several bars.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »

You won't need a bar, party with us and sleep under the stars!! :c

For $180/night I am going to sleep in my bed. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 08:10:16 AM »

For $180/night I am going to sleep in my bed.

psshhhh….Sissy!!!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »

The Brewery tour is over 140 miles.  Your event schedule says it's less than 80.    An additional 60 miles may be noteworthy.  this will be a short ride on the grand scheme of things but the stops will be longer than average. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 09:59:30 AM »

Medina Lake Lunch ride cancelled due to weather & hazardous road conditions. 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal