Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 13715 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2009, 06:54:44 AM »

Red dragon I sure hope you passed your test  :t it would be shame if you didn't and missed out on BBT - Let's ride together next year, and we have to find a way to get your giant cooking pot there.  ;D

We can get it there even if we have to trailer the pot! :ohwow: :thumbup:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2009, 07:33:48 AM »

too long, didn't read.

Sorry, Jeffro..... I'll use a smaller font next time for ya!! :c
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 07:39:25 AM »

too long, didn't read.

:rofl:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 07:44:25 AM »

Long, not large... but you may have heard that before...  :stickpoke:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »

Hey, it might not be long, but it's skinny...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »

Hey, it might not be long, but it's skinny...

Talk about off topic! :ohwow: :thumbup:
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »

Now that's funny... ;D
Thanks Noob!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »

too long, didn't read.

that's funny   shi  uh   stuff :rofl:
It's all just part of the adventure!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »

nuther suggestion, everybody CAMP with the group, it's fun watchin' the RV bunch after they get blasted , and watching ISORG and Lone Wolf stomp their tents into submission while breaking camp in the windstorm ( that was a riot) :rofl:. Xrider's don't need no stinking motel !

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2009, 05:19:17 PM »

nuther suggestion, everybody CAMP with the group, it's fun watchin' the RV bunch after they get blasted , and watching ISORG and Lone Wolf stomp their tents into submission while breaking camp in the windstorm ( that was a riot) :rofl:. Xrider's don't need no stinking motel !

damn tent...  damn wind!  i got home, and looked at my poles, one is cracked because of the wind  :banghead:  I wanted a new tent anways.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

damn tent...  damn wind!  i got home, and looked at my poles, one is cracked because of the wind  :banghead:  I wanted a new tent anways.
the wind ,right , stomping it into the duffle didn't hurt it at all :t you can buy new poles and shock cord repair kit. :laugh:

Dusty

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2009, 06:19:16 AM »

I realize that I am the odd man out here, but I don't go to the Hill Country to stay in a commercial atmosphere and I don't recall ever having a desire to camp on a landing strip. I'll be positive from here on out.

The facility is supper nice! I thank Brock and the BOD for all the hard work and time away from the fun that they spend arranging, organizing and working the function. Having been somewhat involved in BBT1 and BBT2 I have a little understanding of what it takes. However, bigger is not always better. The organization for 2010 should start now if it hasn't already.

My thoughts:

1. Offer a discount, free shirt, special BBT shirt (whatever) to the first 25 to pre register. Yes, there will always be someone that will not accept that they were #26. Get over it. You can still have additional give away's if they are available. This would help get registration kicked off.

2. I like the idea of of cooking the Saturday meal onsite. The facility is there, make use of it. This was how we started and it was fun. Mr. Gumbo sounds delicious and with the big pit across the street and the covered seating, it's perfect. Everyone hangs out in the kitchen sometime during their day. We have members in the hill country who can locate some mesquite and I can bring a load of oak to keep the fire going from Friday through Sunday. This way even if someone is having a private dinner they could still make use of it and not have to worry about getting a pit to the event. When we did this before, there was never a shortage of people to to watch the pit so everyone gets to ride. We could probably have a feed Friday and Sat. Now volenteers to man a registration table is another story. I personally would rather take a butt whupping.  :boxing:

3. This ties to #2. Down the hill from the pit is a perfect camp area. Not sure if the park managment would allow tent camping in that area, but it is the atmosphere that tent campers prefer. Shady and secluded. If not, then they should allow a few tents by the pit or the pavillion so that it can be maintained and guarded in comfort.

4. Accept $$$ donations from members that are willing and want to donate. Any amount. This helps take some of the guess work out of what number of registrations that you must have. This could start right now, the list maintained and recognition given at the event with no amounts mentioned. I've done it or tried to ever year. Any excess $ can always be paid forward. I think this is being done to a certain degree already and I applaud the BOD for this.

5. As for guided rides, take a poll to see how many really need/want this. With all the GPS's I saw on bikes, just a list of points of interest with addresses could easily replace having to guide at all. I personally don't ride in groups over 4 or 5 bikes. I think it's dangerous and pisses people in cages off. Just me.  :simmadown:

6. Thanks noob for volenteering entertainment for next year. Can't wait to see Randy on American Idol. Lets have a talent show or some Carry an OKIE. Even if they do roll thier joints all wrong.

Dusty.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 06:38:41 AM »

Thanks Dusty Bill.

Your suggestions are great. I for one would be more then glad to donate some money to help out. 

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2009, 07:04:12 AM »

TBIRD and I got out on the bikes for a little dinner and riding last night and spoke about BBT in length. 

1)  We spoke about pre-registration and how paying in full early you should get the tshirt and pin included. 
2)  Late or on-site registration should be a smaller amount that does NOT include a tshirt and pin.  They can be
     sold seperately.  No one wants to walk in Saturday and pay the same amount as everyone else and just get
     BBQ Saturday night.
3)  Donations are a great idea.  I think during the year everyone should pass the hat at their meet and greets
     and ask for spare change, a couple of dollars here and there.  This is what I am going to start doing.  I plan
     on hitting the guys up for donations a little at a time while we are out on lunch runs, etc.  I will put the
     money away in my safe in a seperate bag and then send it to whomever is holding the funds when it gets
     close to BBT.  It's worth seeing how much extra cash we can gather.
4)  TBIRD had a good idea.  Take some of this donation money and use it to buy some door prizes.  And when
     buying door prizes, get the vendors to give it to us whole sale and ask for a buy one get one free deal.  At
     least this way we are buying something in return for them donating something as well.
5)  Open up on-site regristration from 10am-12pm only.  This would keep someone from having to man the
     registration table and not enjoy morning riding, etc.  Anyone registering on-site will have already made it in
     if they were driving in from somewhere close and if not they probably travelled in the night before anyway.
6)  I'm with DUSTY on this one.  TBIRD and I even discussed it last night.  Five or six bikes is enough in each
     group.  More than that and it becomes a hassle to pass, be passed, gas up, etc.  I think most everyone is
     mature enough to get their own group going to to at least ask around and get into someones group. 
     Especially since when the solo riders might want to be alone to run a little faster than those with spouses or
     riders riding.  Also the ones with spouses or riders might want to take longer pit stops during the ride.
7)  Have fun and lighten up.  I think for the most part everyone had a great time.  It's about riding and hanging
     out.  That is what BBT is.  It will never be perfect for everyone.  I for one had the best time I have ever had
     at BBT and it was because of the riding and fellowship with good friends.  With our busy day-to-day lives
     we do not always get a chance to hang out, drink, and ride.  There is always someone working or having to
     leave early from our M&G's because of family, work, or just plain needing to get home to organize and catch
     up on responsibilities around the house or get ready for work the next day.

My two cents...I'm done.

ALWAYS HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE......
-Iceman 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:06:06 AM by icemanhail »

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:39 AM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
 icemanhail