Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 13708 times)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »

WT smiley!!!

If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »

Calf-rope! 

hookem asked  ???, many suggested  :hmm: & others whined  :blahblah:!   

It is so much fun to stir the pot!  :pot:

It is time to go ride  :bikerider: and pop-a-top.   :c

Thanks to all that had a hand in organizing the BBT. It wa a pleasure to make new friends, put a face with a name/handle and ride the roads.  Looking forward to next year.  Peace Out!   O0
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:19:43 PM by beaux43 »
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »

how about a general Tech session?  Big congrats to the organizers of BBTVI. The first time I met the Texas X riders was by crashing BBT IV (4) in Luckenbach. The've all been fun and can't wait till BBTVII. I think I'm supposed to say " Smell the Bumper "   :bikerider:
It's all just part of the adventure!

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:43 PM »

I think I'm supposed to say " Smell the Bumper "   :bikerider:
now that was funny... :rofl:

My only suggestion would be to have someone go early and take down those temporary red lights on Highway 39.  :good:
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 04:47:13 PM »

Just so you all know...

...pepsX wears panties!  :popcorn:  Steve told me so!  :ohwow:

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

Hey, I've been to Fredericksburg about 10 times now on and off the bike and still find new stuff to do everytime I am there.  I'm with some of the others on this: rode down, hung out with friends, rode Friday and all day Saturday to the three sisters, drank, ate, and had a blast, and rode home, even in the rain.  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE RIDING AND BEING WITH FRIENDS AND NOT THINKING ABOUT THE WORLD WE LIVE AND STRESS IN!  THAT'S WHAT HAVING A BIKE IS ALL ABOUT!!!

See ya'll again next year and see all my local DFW X-RIDERS at the next M&G.  Jennifer wants to see Loose Wheels and Muenster....I'll post it up soon when the weather clears.

-Iceman

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 05:45:25 PM »

A general tech session would be awesome.    :bikerider:  :cool2:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »

Just so you all know...

...pepsX wears panties!  :popcorn:  Steve told me so!  :ohwow:

Now, I don't care who you are...

...that thar is funny!!! :rofl:
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 12:41:43 AM »

I want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to the BOD (especially Geri and Randy) for one helluva good time. Your HARD WORK is very much appreciated. Although I could only attend Saturday night thru Sunday morning, I had an absolute BLAST. And to those who acted like a board member (Jeremy) thank you too for all of your hard work with the ride, serving the BBQ, and making margaritas. Jay, Geri, and Randy.... your hospitality is unmatched and is NOT unnoticed by us members. That I can promise!! (and by the way, if you have never heard, randy can SING!!!! He's coming on stage with us next year and belting out a set. Yes, I am DONATING my band for next years BBT....)

Also, a huge THANK YOU goes out to Jeremy's wife Jennifer and my little sister, Kristina, who took the time and missed rides to set up the dinner, clean up afterwards, and sell almost $400 in the 50/50 ticket game. Of that amount, 1/2 belongs to us, which will help with the cost of next years BBT. Randy's wife Vanessa was definitely in the mix as well...She went above and beyond to make this year's BBT memorable. All three of them could have sat around and did nothing, as none of them really had any responsibility to help out, but they did.... so THANK YOU!!! Last but not least, THANK YOU to RocknRoll, VTX Chad and Hookem, who donated for DOOR PRIZES. It is much appreciated! And in this economy, most welcomed!

And most importantly, I would like to apologize to the people who worked sooooooo hard to make this a fun event for us who all share the love for Honda VTX's for the way this thread has turned out. I think Hook'em had a GREAT idea posting this, then it took a horrible turn. Opening an area for suggestions is the way to go, if----and ONLY if---- people can act maturely and give feedback constructively. There is no reason to start ragging on people for no door prizes, saying people "dropped the ball".... BS like that helps NO ONE and only causes animosity in an already UNSTABLE board (not unstable as in how the computer side runs, Brock.... That seems to be back at 100% uptime!!! Thanks!). And yes, I think EVERYONE has the right to post here, even if you did not attend. You are a family member and your feedback is welcome. Again, as long EVERYONE acts with class, feedback is a good thing...

So there wasn't as much free door prizes. Why can't it be said like " I wish we could have had more door prizes.... What can I do to help next year?" instead of just b****ing about it? Why not say, "I wish we had more organized rides..... Can I plan one for next year?, instead of simply saying there was not one (although there was one)? (by the way, some of the posts about rides were done in a respectful manner, and for that, I thank you. This is not a blanket statement about all of the RIDE comments....Also, some presented the door prize comments respectfully.. The statement about door prize comments is NOT a blanket statement as well. For those who did it properly.... THANK YOU!)) And in case you were wondering, yes, I am qualified to speak on donations. Last year, I donated my band for the dinner, which is a $750 value.... I couldn't do it this year (although the BOD TRIED to get us, and ASKED US numerous times), because I could not afford to pay the rest of my band out of my pocket to come this year..... Geri tried to come up with enough for us, but it just wasn't in the budget. I am in a new band that is considerably better than the one I was in last year, and they now ask for good money to play. I even offered my band $200 out of my own pocket, but it was just not feasable. It will be next year, as they all have already agree to play (for free.... they just needed more notice than I could give them this year, as I joined 8 weeks before BBT)!!

Feedback like Demon said " Let's have it in Big Bend, Who's in favor?".... THAT is the way this should be done. Kudos to you...

"Games would be fun on Saturday evening." by Beaux43, VTXChad, Lucky,  and TinMan.... THATS the way it should be done. Kudos to you too...

" Instead of BBQ, have Gumbo cook up some Cajun Roadkill".... Helluva good idea presented RESPECTFULLY by xcalibur and Gumbo. Nice!

I know I left a lot of GOOD feedback out, but you get the idea.

For this thread to turn into a crucifixion is uncalled for. How would all of us feel if we spent months planning and have ( A FEW) of us do nothing but complain that we didn't win a damn door prize, wasn't asked to donate, or didn't know an exact time or route for a ride? I, personally, am a bit ashamed about some of these responses to this thread. I just want everyone to know how much I APPRECIATE the work you guys did, all the while still living your life in the real world.

If you said something disrespectful on this thread, I hope you find it in your character to at least PM the people you offended to discuss it. Hell, it's not hard. I mis-spoke in a Harley thread a while back, I manned up, apologized publically in my thread for the mix-up to those that I offended, and it was forgotten (at least by the people I give two squirts of piss about).

I hope that we can all SOON get back to what this forum was made for.... a FAMILY of people who love VTX's. If not, I foresee the membership dropping real damn fast and new boards made where all of this drama isn't happening all of the time... I know this to be an absolute 100% undeniable fact, as I have had one of my friends buy a VTX, join the board, read some posts, then tell me that they wanted nothing to do with us because of how we treat each other sometimes. It's a little embarassing at times....

So, in closing, THANK YOU to Geri, Randy, RocknRoll, VTX Chad, Hookem, Jennifer, Vanessa, and Kris (plus those I accidentally left out).... THANK YOU for all that you did. I, for one, appreciate it..

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:06:28 AM by ViciousNoob »
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2009, 05:41:10 AM »

too long, didn't read.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 05:57:32 AM »

ditto on what the noob said
It's all just part of the adventure!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2009, 06:21:35 AM »

Not bad for a rat computer guy!  :t

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

KCAMERON007

• Old Timer
  • 2006 1300S
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 06:25:46 AM »

:c  myself and Dee had a great time and look forward to the next time
we are hangin' with the group again !
KC     Kenny 
VTX-1300S

Ride hard, or stay home !!
(Peter Fonda, in "The Wild Hogs")

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 06:28:38 AM »

Red dragon I sure hope you passed your test  :t it would be shame if you didn't and missed out on BBT - Let's ride together next year, and we have to find a way to get your giant cooking pot there.  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2009, 06:29:09 AM »

I second what Noob said and make a motion that all negative posts cease.  Noob, what you said couldn't be said any better.  I think the ones that totally appreciate the job the bod did and has done in the past for the BBT far outnumber those that have a complaint.  I rode the guided ride by Jeremy and other than that my rides were from the tent to the pavillion.  Visiting and just hangin out was good enough for me.  

Thanks to all those that had a part in putting on the BBT.   It's not an easy job and seems to be very thankless, but each of you and the job you did are appreciated.

Since this thread was all about suggestions for next year...here's mine

Don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other old timers here to help wherever help is needed.  This is all about keeping the X rider group alive and well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal